GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Now it's Monday

I didn't write for Sunday Scribblings this week because my weekend was a busy one, and it strikes me that, not having done that, a space opens up where I might just write a post that's not tied into Sunday Scribblings or Poetry Thursday. (I didn't do anything for Poetry Thursday last week either). Life's been busy. I got a job, which I will be starting in a few weeks' time - and for which I have already begun a series of training-days. I'll be counselling in schools, and am really looking forward to starting. I'm still teaching my psychology class, which is taking a good deal of preparation work, and last weekend I facilitated my first public SoulCollage(R) workshop. That took a bit of preparation, and went very well. I enjoyed it, and had the company of a fellow blogger who travelled to be here for the workshop - Caroline of Caro's Lines came over from England and was great company and a fantastic support, too.

At the workshop, I watched 16 women, many of whom had never encountered the SoulCollage process, take it to themselves and immerse themselves in the business of finding images (or allowing the images to find them) which would express some part of their being. It was an honour to be present for that, and I really feel grateful that I have found this wonderful process at this time in my life. I didn't intend to work on cards, but found at one stage, a few images were in my hand, and just wanted to get glued down, so I made this card.

I call it my Dressmakers card, and it honours the women in my ancestry who all made their living as dressmakers. - My maternal grandmother, and many of my mother's sisters. Even those who didn't work as seamstresses had the skill, or knit instead. I don't sew, but I do some crafts, and feel that in a way, the SoulCollage process is one of my ways of expressing this aspect of my heritage.

The other card I made, oddly enough, echoes the theme that this week's Sunday Scribbling had. It was "Deepest, Darkest", and this card, which I call "Going into the Deep", says:


"I am one who goes into the deepest, darkest places; who is willing to descend. I am one who emerges transformed after the descent."

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 2/4/07 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! It's always good to hear from you, whether it's Sunday Scribblings, Poetry Thursday, or just catching up with what's going on with You. That last SoulCollage card does work so well for this week's Sunday Scribblings prompt. I love the Dressmaker's card - it makes me think of my grandmother and aunts.
How very cool that Caroline was able to attend your SoulCollage workshop - and how I wish I could have been there, too! This worldwide web is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Makes it possible for so many people with similar interests to find one another. Have a great week, Imelda.

 
At 2/4/07 7:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were close enough for you SoulCollage workshop! Love that stuff.

 
At 2/4/07 8:27 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Thank you very much for the workshop and all your fabulous hospitality too - if only my appetite had been more present!

I do feel that my visit to you was very healing - thank you.

I've written my review of your workshop on my card blog.

 
At 2/4/07 10:37 pm, Blogger GreenishLady said...

Thanks, Tinker! Yes, the web is wonderful. I'd never have thought a year ago that I'd be finding new friends in this way. Caroline, it was great to have you here, ... and MsShad... When you get to SF, you'll find there are plenty of opportunities nearby for SoulCollage activities, as there are many facilitators in that area. Another reason to add to your list of reasons to go...

 
At 3/4/07 12:05 am, Blogger Amber said...

Oh, I like that last card. I love the words!

Congrats on your new job. Those kids will be lucky to have you. ;) And I bet it will give you lots of idea to write about. Working with kids keeps us creative.

:)

 
At 3/4/07 1:33 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

The cards are beautiful. Congratulations on the job - it sounds like it will be busy and challenging.

 
At 3/4/07 6:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your SoulCollage workshop--16--a great number! I love your two cards, by the way. I've made a few again the past few days and worked for five hours today with my girlfriends.

 
At 4/4/07 2:28 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Amazing work - thanks for sharing the happiness and inspiration.

 
At 4/4/07 2:31 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Wow - you have been busy! It all sounds like a very good kind of busy. I wish I could attend one of your soul collage workshops. Love seeing your cards and reading about your life. Sending you happiness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home