GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Home again, Home again, Jiggity-jig!

Not that I've been away, but I've been having such trouble with my computer / internet links, it seemed I'd been cast out of the country of Blog-people, and now, mysteriously, strangely, today, all is working. I heard a whisper that lots of people were having trouble because Mercury was retrograde, or something like that. Howsever, today I've been able to book my flight to go to Barcelona for my nephew's summer wedding; I've been able to drop in on a few (unfortunately not all) of my blog-pals blogs to see what's new. People are reading Finding Water. People are beginning new spiritual practices. People are feeling the tug of spring, sprouting new ideas and plans.

I'm feeling up-beat. All my slow, slow, work at getting my house in order is finally beginning to really show. My lemon-and-cream living room was somewhat spoilt by the continued presence of an old, stained pink suite, but as of last Wednesday, now the room sports two sleek, cream leather couches, low tables, silky drapes. It feels elegant, but it feels warm. My couches are dressed with rich brown chenille and mohair throws and cushions. I'm happy, happy, happy there. Pictures? Maybe later. When I've found the perfect lamp. Sorry. Not while there's still a pink lampshade there. It just won't do. But when I sit there, I have my back turned to the lamp, and can just appreciate my room.

Next week, I'll have the pleasure of calling a skip (dumpster) to come around and haul away all the old, broken, finished stuff. Yay! Then there will be more space, more light. What I've been waiting four years for. Hurrah!

And this came in the same week as I had my first proper job-interview since 1979! And the interview went well. I don't know if I'll get the job, but I do know that I was entirely myself there, and that if I do get the job, I won't have to pretend to be anybody but me, and that feels good. It felt good to prepare for it, to travel to it (in the company of a wonderfully supportive friend, who came along on the 4-hour journey "just for fun"), and it feels good to know I can do that.

And this came in the weeks after I'd begun a project I couldn't have conceived of a year ago. I was asked to teach a psychology class. And I said yes. This is the 3rd week! ! !

So, maybe it's as well the internet wasn't letting me in. My life was keeping me plenty busy anyway. So, in the coming weeks, my presence, even for Poetry Thursday or Sunday Scribbling may be intermittent, but I'm here, and I'm loving all the signs of spring we are seeing - little irises, crocuses. Birds hauling giant twigs into still-bare trees. Life is good.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 28/2/07 10:41 pm, Blogger kerrdelune said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 28/2/07 10:44 pm, Blogger kerrdelune said...

So glad you ARE here, and the new seating arrangements sound marvellous. I hope the job interview turns out happily and profitably for you!

... sorry about deleting the previous comment - blogger hung up and the results of the uploaded message left something to be desired.

 
At 1/3/07 5:20 am, Blogger Amber said...

Sounds like you have been a busy bee! I love what you said about your interview. That sounded great. i hope you get the job!

Did I know you were a psychologist?? Funny! I would love to teach a class someday.

:)

 
At 2/3/07 4:09 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

It all sounds wonderful and life-affirming. I'm so glad the house is beginning to feel like an expression of you, a true home to step out of each day and into new life.

 
At 2/3/07 8:09 am, Blogger Tinker said...

So glad to hear there are so many wonderful things going on for you!What a great way to start out in spring. Good to hear from you again!

 
At 3/3/07 3:29 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Wow, this post made me feel so happy - thanks for allowing us to share in your joy - from new couches to new jobs. It may be a little early - but I'm inclined to say - Happy Spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home