GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Pre-weekend bits and pieces

It's still (technically) Friday morning. 20 minutes to noon. I won't be doing Sunday Scribbling this week, because I'll be away, disconnected from the web, but hopefully plugged into creative energy and buzzing with it. I'll be away with my writers group for our annual retreat. We usually go to the sea, but this year we're taking cottages near woodland instead. We usually hire a facilitator, but this year we're doing it ourselves, taking responsibility for leading ourselves in exploring new poets, writing new poems. We usually have all our meals looked after, but this year, we'll be semi-self-catering, (with main meals looked after).

To get us settled in, and to get the creative juices going, we'll be doing some SoulCollage(R) this evening, so I have to pack the car with bundles of magazines, cards, gluesticks, scissors. I'll be needing to remember to bring soothing music to play and something to play it on.

I'll be buying some fresh fruit, and nuts for nibbles. I'll need to remember to bring decaff coffee and the milk I prefer (skim - not everyone likes it). Because I have in mind to do French Toast for everyone's breakfast one day, I'd better remember to get some eggs, and bring maple syrup.

Because there's a hot-tub (yay! that's exciting!), I'll be wanting to bring a swimsuit that actually fits, so that's another thing on my afternoon shopping-list.

We're each to bring copies of 2 poems we like, so I need to search through all those books to find the perfect two poems - or else, maybe I should let intuition guide me to the poets and the poems, and see what happens.

We meet this evening to have supper together, and then we drive out to the cottages. There will be walks in the woods. So maybe, by Sunday night, there will be photos.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm planning to!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7/3/08 12:19 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Have a wonderful weekend - it sounds like you've every reason to!

 
At 7/3/08 4:02 pm, Blogger Deirdre said...

It sounds wonderful - have a great time. We're just starting to plan our writing retreat for this summer; reading about yours is making me look forward to it even more.

 
At 7/3/08 9:48 pm, Blogger Ravenous Reader said...

I'm so envious of the writers retreats. I have lots of musical retreat weekends, but never a writer's one.

Have a lovely, inspiring time!

 
At 8/3/08 12:03 am, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

What an enjoyable weekend it will be! I want to hear all about it. :) HUGS

Be safe

 
At 8/3/08 5:20 am, Blogger Julie said...

I do so wish there were things like that here. I hope you give us a report when you get back.

Julie

 
At 9/3/08 2:12 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Oh wow, this is sounds so utterly perfect! I hope you've had a wonderful time!

 
At 10/3/08 1:01 pm, Blogger Lila Rostenberg said...

I would love to go to a "cut and paste" retreat like that!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home