GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Feast


Appetizer
Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?
I'm so embarrassed to tell you the answer to this. Yes, when I was at school, one of my friends persueded me to phone her boyfriend and tell him that she'd had an accident and been taken to hospital. She was standing beside me as I made the call, and I really didn't want to do it. He was so distressed, she thought it was so funny. I really don't like practical jokes. Never again!


Soup
What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?
I'm embarrassed to answer this one, too. My salt is usually shaken from the plastic drum that it comes in. If not, it's in a really plain glass shaker. Not pretty. Utilitarian. My pepper is ground in a simple grinder which doesn't even match that salt-shaker. Must do something about this situation!


Salad
Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?
Well... during the Easter break, I've promised myself a writing retreat, and the plan is to go stay at a B&B in Wicklow for a couple of nights, spend some time in Dublin visiting museums and the National Library.


Main Course
What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?
[Did someone plan these questions to cause maximum embarrassment to me this week?] I have a skin condition which necessitates two different medicated ointments for my hands. - One at night and one in the morning. During the day, when they feel dry, I use any non-scented cream, often Neutrogena, or Elave.


Dessert
Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.
A layer of pineapple (fresh or tinned), a few scoops of banana ice-cream, a coating of rich vanilla custard. Let's call it "Mel's Mellow Yellow mood food"
- - -
If you'd like to play along, or see what others have said to these questions GO HERE

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 22/2/08 6:46 pm, Blogger bundle-o-contradictions said...

Oooh, I don't think I've ever visited you before. Is Ireland as beautiful as I've dreamed it is? I want to go there someday.
I love the name you gave your dessert! :)

 
At 22/2/08 7:18 pm, Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oh, I'd forgive yourself for the appetizer, that was a long time ago, your dessert sounds yummy and I'd love to take your travel plans.

 
At 22/2/08 11:30 pm, Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Interesting (and funny) answers...how wonderful to take off for museums and writing like that. Besides wanting to visit England it has always been my desire to see Ireland. I even googled the area you live in (at least I think I was right) and watched a video tour!
I would love to see photos of some of the areas you see.
XOXO

 
At 23/2/08 12:36 am, Blogger Sherry Lewis said...

I like your attitude about diversions .... and the name you gave your dessert! Makes me want some mellow yellow mood food right now. Happy Friday!

 
At 23/2/08 3:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dessert, sounded tropical - that is something I know something about ;) Consider a bit of coconut shavings or flavoring somewhewere in there. Have fun at the writing retreat- I went to one a year or so ago in a B&B in Vermont and it downpoured the whole time which was fine since the B&B was charming and we wrote the whole weeked away!

 
At 25/2/08 4:50 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Oh, Imelda, You are such a good sport to write through your embarrassment.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home