GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Let's go to Hindu Kush!!!

[I had posted this piece and then went to see what the Sunday Scribbling prompt for this week is. It's "Passion". Well - this post is about a place created by a woman with a passion for healing, creativity and bringing people together, and it ends with a photo that could be captioned "Passion", so this is my post for this week's Sunday Scribblings.]


Let's Go To Hindu Kush

No, not the mountain pass in the Himalayas. I called to see if you were home yesterday, if you were free to come with me to visit Jacqui's special place, but you weren't there, so I had to travel out alone. When I arrived, it was so quiet. No-one seemed to be at home. There was the owl that sits outside the healing space that Jacqui has made beside her home.

There was the amethyst goddess waiting at the entrance. And the welcoming wish tree was hung with crystals, chimes and angels. I peeked inside. The table was set for tea. The meditation space was ready - colourful, warm and welcoming. All it needed was people. And then they began to arrive. We shared coffee and scones. We were excited and happy for Jacqui to be hosting this gathering. In her living-room, people who had not yet encountered SoulCollage(R) passed cards from hand to hand, asking questions. I met therapists, artists, healers. We mixed and chatted, while out at the healing centre, a TV crew interviewed one of the workshop presenters. We got to sit for an angelic meditation led by Miffy: relaxing, calming, beautiful.... We got to see the angels that Kim makes. We shared a lunch of delicious home-made vegetable soup. It was a special morning. I'm sorry you couldn't be there. But I hope the pictures give you an idea of what a wonderful space Jacqui has created. - A space in which magic is always ready to enter. At one point, another lady decided to hop up to the kitchen door-step to see if we would let her join in. But, really, she was occupied with other activities, so we told her to stay outside until she was finished with her spring-time business! See? Anything might happen in a space like this. I feel blessed in having a friend like Jacqui, and being able to spend time there. I feel blessed in the old friends and the new friends with whom I got to share that morning. Wish you could have been there, too.

-----------------------------

For more passionate Sunday Scribblings, go HERE

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 23/2/08 3:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I am not the 'You' that you are referring to- I never recv'd the telephone message ;)
Though I would have gone, would have been there in a blink!
I was perusing through your blog when this came up. I have to say - thank you for taking me there - I needed that! A sense of union with other creative women, worshipping the sacred, quiet places in our souls - nurturing 'union' is so very important. And what beautiful images. Thank you Thank you...

 
At 23/2/08 5:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. And thanks for introducing us to a wonderful person.


chequered
shadows

 
At 23/2/08 5:23 pm, Blogger paisley said...

quite a lovely space.. as well as an afternoon nicely spent.

 
At 23/2/08 6:48 pm, Blogger Devil Mood said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there too. What a lovely place :)
I'm really enjoying the variety of themes people are writing about from passion. And I'm positive that only with passion can one create such a nice cosy corner!

 
At 23/2/08 7:49 pm, Blogger Whitesnake said...

We all seek a place like that in life, alas it comes all to easily in death.

 
At 23/2/08 8:44 pm, Blogger Granny Smith said...

Thank you for the tour! You are lucky to have such a friend.

 
At 24/2/08 3:53 am, Blogger Becca said...

Such a lovely place - calming, yet invigorating at the same time.

Such a lovely day you must have had :)

I'm glad you invited us to share!

 
At 24/2/08 4:07 am, Blogger Lifeless in Ohio said...

very interesting - thank you for inviting me along

 
At 24/2/08 5:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely place! I wish I could have come along. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 24/2/08 11:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drat, I was out and forgot to leave the answering machine on I'd loved to have been there - maybe next time! Lovely post!

 
At 24/2/08 11:56 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Oooh I wish I could have gone, too!

 
At 24/2/08 12:49 pm, Blogger January said...

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them today--looks like a wonderful and inspiring place to just be.

 
At 24/2/08 1:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the amethyst goddess!!

Great use of passion...

Heather

 
At 24/2/08 3:19 pm, Blogger Sherry said...

I wish I could have been there too -- it looks very restful, relaxing and soul satisfying!

 
At 24/2/08 4:12 pm, Blogger Goodnight, Mom said...

Looks beautiful and so relaxing. I'm refreshed just going there in my mind.

 
At 25/2/08 11:35 am, Blogger Karen said...

This is such a beautiful post--beautiful photos, too. At first, I was feeling envious--beautiful place, beautiful people, beautiful experience--now, I'm feeling motivated. These events happen all over the world (and isn't that a lovely fact?)--we just need to seek them out.

 
At 25/2/08 9:38 pm, Blogger Judy Merrill-Smith said...

So lovely, and comforting! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I'm sure I'll be visiting your blog often.

 
At 25/2/08 10:33 pm, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Soul soothing post! I wish I could have gone...there's nothing quite more passionate than friends and strangers moving in the same space.

 
At 26/2/08 12:43 pm, Blogger J C said...

Hey Mz. Greenie, just stopping by to say hello. Nice pictures. Love the frog..toad?? A cutie. Is that YOUR poetry book? I went to Amazon but it's out of stock. Later.............

 
At 27/2/08 2:52 am, Blogger Julie said...

How I wish there were things like that around here. I would so have enjoyed participating in something like that. Thanks for sharing.

Julie

 
At 29/2/08 4:56 am, Blogger Fran aka Redondowriter said...

How I wish I could have been there with you. Thanks so much for sharing the experience in words and photos. I love it when bloggers feature interesting people they know or serendipitously meet.

 
At 4/3/08 12:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing that such a beautiful place exists makes me relax even more into my day. Thanks for sharing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home