GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Feast


Appetizer
If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?
Glen Hansard. To have the feeling of having had something that started maybe small become something amazing. To make art in many ways. Just now because I admire him (and Marketa Irglova) so much, and they cheer my heart. Watch here.

Soup
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?
Usually 2. Sometimes I enjoy conversation - with my sisters, sometimes with my son, or a couple of special friends, but I'd far prefer talk in person, and often avoid using the phone.

Salad
Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).
My favourite charities are: Ethiopiaid, which supports a women's hospital in Ethiopia, treating women who have suffered from a fistula; The donkey Sanctuary, which is a wonderful animal welfare organisation; Adapt House, a women's refuge in my home town, which gave sanctuary to my aunt Clare when she left her abusive husband. I like to give to any charity collection being taken by voluntary collectors, especially children's or health-related.

Main Course
What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?
My own chilli with brown basmati rice. (3 days this week!)

Dessert
Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?
Thank God, my Dad and Mum have had their flu jabs and avoided infection this year. I started a regime of supplements to support my immune system and ward off colds and flus back in September, and so far have stayed healthy this winter (except for a brief bout of sinusitus, which didn't keep me away from work). No-one else caught it either. (I'm a bit worried to be saying this, in case it's inviting a dose for someone, now!)
----------------------------------------------
To read more Friday Feasts, go HERE.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7/3/08 3:06 am, Blogger Judy said...

Happy Friday. And your chili with balsamic rice sounds interesting. I've never had balsamic rice. I'll knock on wood re: the flu for you too, while I'm knocking on it for us :-)

Have a great weekend.

 
At 7/3/08 3:54 am, Blogger ley said...

I love your charities. :) I don't know who Glen Hansard is...I'll have to check him out!

 
At 7/3/08 4:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Feast! Yummy!

Amethyst

 
At 7/3/08 5:35 am, Blogger Gabriel said...

Chili with brown Basmati rice? I'm on my way!!! :-)

Good work today. Please come visit mine. Happy FF!

 
At 7/3/08 4:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice to donate to a charity it will help them. Happy feasting.

 
At 8/3/08 12:24 am, Blogger Shan said...

Your chili sounds interesting...and I am intrigued.
Mine is up!

 
At 8/3/08 1:08 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your appetizer.
They're marvellous!


You can find my feast at:

Laane on the World

Have a great weekend!!!

 
At 9/3/08 2:14 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Lovely feast!

 
At 10/3/08 3:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Friday Feast, and yours are so interesting. I often look at them and feel I haven't at thing to say that would be worth writing. I don't know Glen Hansard, but the chili with Basmati! You are a girl after my daughter's heart, that is for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home