GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Friday's Feast


Appetizer
Who was the last person you hugged?
This evening, when we got off the bus from Belfast, as she left to meet her daughter, and I was going to pick up my car; as my friend and colleague, Tina, and I were parting, we hugged, glad that we had got to spend another day together, sharing so much of our ideas and details of our lives as we travelled together.

Soup
Share a beauty or grooming trick or tip with us.
Not a trick or really a tip, but a recently discovered product that I love so much: Dr. Hauschke's rose face cream. It feels so good. It smells so good. It doesn't irritate me in the slightest. It's wonderful.

Salad
What does the color yellow make you think of?
It reminds me of the time my friend asked me what colour was my life. I said it was yellow. She said hers was grey. When she wrote me a poem much later, she said she loved my "mellow yellow life". I lost sight of it, but have reclaimed it again. YELLOW! I've had my house painted yellow, creamy buttery yellow.

Main Course
If you were to make your living as a photographer, what subject would your pictures revolve around?
Flowers. Trees. Moss on stone walls. Lichen on tree trunks. Shy animals peeping out of secret places.

Dessert
What was the longest book you ever read?
Gone with the Wind? War and Peace? Anna Karenina? Length was never an impediment. The longer the better sometimes. The Stand? I don't know which was longest. Books in 3 volumes? Lord of the Rings? Chronicles of Thomas Covenant?
----------------------------------------

There are more Friday Feasts Here

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/3/08 3:51 am, Blogger Sarantium said...

great feast keep it up....

 
At 1/3/08 4:28 am, Blogger Becca said...

I enjoyed your feast! I've been forgetting to play along with this lately.

How lovely to have such a nice releationship with your colleague. I enjoy the women I work with as well, and it makes one's work likfe so much easier I think.

 
At 1/3/08 12:02 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I didn't know about the feast--this looks like a lot of fun!

And I love buttery yellow, too. (I recently painted my bathroom this color, and I've been happier ever since.)

 
At 2/3/08 4:24 am, Blogger Julie said...

"Length was never the impediment." I totally agree with you. I devoured "The Stand" in two days, after the recommendations of my husband and my ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DAUGHTER!!

War and Peace, Anna Karenina, Gone With the Wind - yes, I've read all of them.

And you are right to question about the inclusion of multiple- volume books that were originally just one volume. Based on that, I'd have to name "Kristin Lavransdattir" (sp? sorry too lazy to look it up this late at night.)

Where does this "Feast" originate from? My blogging friend Casey in Michigan ("Basket Casey") does this too.

Hugs, Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home