GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Given the choice, would you prefer to live in the country or in the city?
I think that very much depends on the city. I'd (far) prefer to live in Barcelona than a country cottage not far from where I live now (suburbs of a large - by Irish standards - town). I like to visit London, but I'd prefer to live somewhere in the English countryside than the centre of that city. I think if I was choosing country life, I'd also be inclined towards village living rather than total isolation.
Answer: Depends!


Soup
Who is the cutest kid you know?
Oh, now how can I just answer that with one name? There's the one I met most recently - 9-moth-old Kate, just arrived home from Vietnam with her new parents, my cousin and his wife. She is a sweet, cute, gorgeous little thing - friendly and beautiful, and she's made them so happy. Then there's almost-8-year-old Daniel, who was engrossed in a game the second-last time I visited and muttered "hello", but who flung himself into my arms with kisses the most recent time. He's an artist, and I see him spending time just looking at people - gathering up the details for when he wants to draw them. He plays cello and loves soccer.

Oh... I just might end up introducing every wonderful kid I know. I have another Kate in my life, my 9-year-old neice - sweet, kind, loving. I have a Steven and a Stephen - both unique characters, who enjoy sharing the news of their lives with me. There's a Gary, a Bahiyyih. There are those tall, gangly boys who just a short time ago were kids, but who now have deep voices and bristly chins, and duck their heads shyly when they say Hello.

I feel lucky to have such great kids in my life - and each one reminds me in their own way of the phases and stages of my son's childhood, and for that I am also really glad.

Salad
Fill in the blank: I couldn’t believe it when I heard ___________.
I couldn't believe it when I heard I'd got the job! Now what was I going to do? Become a worker! The change was immense, but almost a year later, I am so glad, so glad I did get that job. I love my work and the people I meet through it.

Main Course
If you could star in a commercial for one of your favorite products, which one would you want to advertise?
Because I'm feeling lazy right now, I think I'd like to star in one of the old-fashioned Cadbury's Flake advertisements. Perhaps not the 1969 version:



But the 1985 version:


Some of these ads also had a hint of a smouldering, sultry man in the background... or was that just my imagination? It's my favourite chocolate of all time, and now it's available in a dark chocolate version, too!


Dessert
What type(s) of vitamins and/or supplements do you take on a regular basis?
For many years, I was one of those people who would have periodic bouts of vitamin-buying, and would then find a bottle or jar months later, saying "Oh, yes, I'd started to take that ... whatever...but then I forgot!". But then, last year, when I started the job alluded to above, I realised there are going to be people relying on me to be there, and I had a responsibility not only to myself but to others, I got my act together about my supplements. I could probably do with having a review with a herbalist/naturopath, but at the moment, my morning regime involves 500mg Vit C., a calcium tablet with Vit D, 2 cod-liver-oil capsules, a spoonful of echinacea, and a spoonful of a wonderful Propolis elixir. I feel the better for it all. And (crossing fingers and touching wood here!) I haven't had a cold this winter. One brief bout of sinusitus. Best winter in a very long time!
-----------------------------------------------


If you'd like to join in, or nibble on a few more Friday's Feasts, go HERE

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 21/3/08 1:27 pm, Blogger Suni said...

enthralling feast. i had a heap of fun reading about your favorite kids and your life in general. i have never had that chocolate, though, so i guess i have something to go try.

here is mine

happy good friday

 
At 21/3/08 3:21 pm, Blogger Deirdre said...

I didn't know about the dark chocolate Flake bars - oh, yum.

 
At 21/3/08 5:11 pm, Blogger Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Such a sweet description of the kids! Thanks for sharing them with us.

 
At 22/3/08 12:52 am, Blogger Julie said...

I used to hate taking cod liver oil pills when I was a kid. They were oily brown balls. They tasted dreadful. I would put them in my pocket and throw them out when I went outside. For some reason I had collected about five (did I wear the same clothes all week?) and then my mom washed my dress without checking the pockets. Yuck!

 
At 22/3/08 10:24 pm, Blogger Becca said...

I loved "meeting" some of the special children in your life. I have a couple of little ones that are tiding me over until my grandchildren come along.

I've been taking a good multivitamin for several years (along with calcium supplements) and have also find my colds/sinusitis have decreased.

Great feast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home