GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

21

My son is 21 today!
I am the mother of an adult man.
I am the mother of a grown man.
My son is no longer my Boy, my Lad, my 'Baby Boy'
He's a grown-up.

Yeah. Right. Sometimes, maybe. But other times, I think he'll still be my baby. Won't he?

I drove across the country to have lunch with him today. (He's in the middle of exams).
I think he was pleased to see his Mummy.
I was pleased to see him. I'm all proud and happy and glad.
I'm a bit nostalgic too.
But I'm a lot more proud and happy and glad.

I've raised a good lad.
Happy Birthday, G.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 20/5/07 7:54 pm, Blogger Shammickite said...

Lovely post!
My boys are 35 and 25.... I can hardly believe it.
The 25 yr old will be getting himself married off to a beautiful girl later this year... I can hardly belive it.
The 35 yr old has owned his own house for a long time, has a wonderful lady to share his life, has a responsible job.... I can hardly believe it.
It's great to be a mum.
Happy Birthday to your son. And well done mum.

 
At 21/5/07 4:39 am, Blogger Laura said...

Yay for both of you, and a happy birthday to your son!

 
At 22/5/07 12:06 pm, Blogger Becca said...

Having just spent the weekend with my "grown up" son (he's 27), they become such a pleasure as they become adults.

Congratulations to you and your boy!

 
At 22/5/07 5:23 pm, Blogger Lila Rostenberg said...

My son, almost 25 is getting married this year too! I like everything about having adult children except for th geograpy...the are both over 1,000 miles from "home".

 
At 24/5/07 9:13 am, Blogger Tinker said...

Happy Birthday to your young man - and to you, too (I've always thought moms should celebrate on their children's birthdays as well! The day wouldn't be possible without them :)

(as a mother of a 21 yr old and a 30 yr old, I still think they're always our babies, though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home