GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Monday, May 07, 2007

One Deep Breath - Sleep

It's been a long time since I posted a haiku for One Deep Breath but today, there is one I can share. This week's topic is "Sleep"

.........................In my deep, wide bed
.....................Hypnos takes me in his arms
.........................Peace, comfort - all night.

Thanks to all the participants who offer a moment's breath along with their haiku.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 8/5/07 2:42 am, Blogger Tinker said...

What a restful haiku, Imelda - thank you.

 
At 8/5/07 5:14 am, Blogger Amber said...

Nice, very nice. ;)
i love the deep, wide bed image...
I am in mine right now!

:)

 
At 8/5/07 8:58 am, Blogger Blondie said...

Love the romantic notion of "Hypnos taking me in his arms to sleep".

 
At 8/5/07 9:40 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I wrote about his brother Morpheus.

 
At 8/5/07 11:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that sounds wonderful!

 
At 8/5/07 12:40 pm, Blogger Jone said...

What great images. Feeling rested after reading this.

 
At 8/5/07 12:47 pm, Blogger Regina said...

Oh, I would love to feel that way when I sleep...

 
At 8/5/07 7:48 pm, Blogger Patois42 said...

I like your intro and exit as much as I like your poem. I hope you find others you can share in the coming weeks.

 
At 8/5/07 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found this so calming...i particularly liked the slow lingering rhythm of the first line

 
At 8/5/07 11:34 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This was a lovely haiku and it's always great to see your writing. xxoo

 
At 9/5/07 12:27 am, Blogger kintheatl said...

Awesome!

 
At 9/5/07 6:33 am, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

beautiful...

(thank you for your words on my blog yesterday...thank you)

 
At 9/5/07 10:56 am, Blogger MAHIMA said...

imelda!
glad you found my blog
(so that i could find you!!)
:)
i love your writing!
this haiku is great!
occassionlly i write haiku. but its a mood thing with me. once i kept a whole journal only in haiku.

 
At 9/5/07 4:11 pm, Blogger kerrdelune said...

I love this, so soothing and resful and peaceful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home