GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

What Possessed Me?

There I was, idly browsing, minding my own business, and next thing, I've signed up to write a novel - in a month! Starting 1st November. I'm not the only one doing it, and I'm not the first, so I'm in good company, I'm sure, but it wasn't what I meant to be doing for November. There was a lot of TV to watch. There were a lot of crackers to eat. There were a lot of tail-ends of yarn to be sewn in on the squares I've been crocheting for an endless afghan. And now, in 25 days time, I'm planning to embark on something quite a bit longer than any poem I've ever written, that's for sure. Wish me luck. Oh..... It's all because of NaNoWriMo. Let's just see what happens, shall we?

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 7/10/06 1:22 pm, Blogger Cate said...

Oh, Imelda, I'm so excited that you're doing NaNoWriMo! I did it last year and am planning on participating again. We're going to have so much fun!

 
At 7/10/06 2:33 pm, Blogger GreenishLady said...

Cate! Yay! I've found a confederate I know already! I could fall at the first hurdle, but I'm going to start, anyway. Thrilled to think you'll be along on the ride! Fun, indeed!

 
At 8/10/06 1:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck - what a great project to have.

 
At 8/10/06 1:42 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Way to go! Sounds like a great fun way to encourage more words onto the page.

 
At 8/10/06 1:43 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Sounds like one of those great places, btw, to move and change some of the past, too.

 
At 8/10/06 1:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good for you! I tried it last year, and it was a lot of fun! Best of luck! I hope we'll get to read it someday, too.

 
At 8/10/06 2:43 pm, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Wow, good for you...and good luck!

 
At 8/10/06 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was thinking very hard about doing this too, so perhaps you will give me courage! Although, as you say, November does hold many other challenges - but then, what's one more :)

 
At 10/10/06 2:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, you inspired me to do the same. And I have NOOO idea what to write about!

 
At 12/10/06 12:12 am, Blogger Amber said...

Listen! My friend Melissa DID this last year!! She did it! So can you! You can do it.

:)

 
At 12/10/06 1:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your name so I can add you as a buddy? Or how do I find your profile?

Or how do I do it? lolol

 
At 12/10/06 1:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS... My username is MsShad to add to your buddy list.

 
At 12/10/06 3:51 pm, Blogger GreenishLady said...

MsShad... my username for NaNoWriMo is GreenishLady too. I've put you on my buddy list. So maybe having a buddy, I'll get past day 1! ... Do you mean how do you add a buddy or how do you write a novel? Add a buddy by finding their profile and click on Add to my buddy list. Write a novel... I'll tell you on 30th November!

Anyone else doing it want to be buddies? More the merrier!

 
At 13/10/06 3:58 am, Blogger harmonyinline said...

Wonderful good luck to you!
I thought about signing up but I am just not that brave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home