GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

In Drumcliffe Churchyard - Yeats' Resting Place

Poetry Thursday participants have shared poems of W.B. Yeats from time to time. There is one of my favourites posted this week at Jen's Page. I visited Yeats' grave last week, and thought you might like a chance to pay your respects, so here are some of the pictures I took.

















The famous epitaph reads:


..................Cast a cold eye

...............On Life on Death

...............Horseman, pass by

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 14/9/06 9:04 pm, Blogger Jen Rouse said...

Thanks for these photos!

 
At 15/9/06 5:42 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Thanks for sharing these :)

 
At 16/9/06 3:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I feel like I've been there myself. Thanks.

 
At 17/9/06 11:47 pm, Blogger Rachel Grynberg said...

Thanks. I think of Yeats as magical, in the sense that he reaches inside to the part of us that sees deep beyond the surface.

 
At 19/9/06 8:00 pm, Blogger Amber said...

Lovely lovely!!

:)

 
At 24/9/06 4:32 am, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

yes. this is fantastic. thank you for sharing these...

 
At 24/9/06 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. When I saw that you are 'heading toward 50' I had to say 'hi. Me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home