GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One Deep Breath - Solitude.

This week's prompt from One Deep Breath is apt, given that in the past two weeks, I've been spending a lot of time alone - cocooning. I am lucky in being comfortable in my own company (and strictly speaking, since Trixie is with me, I am seldom, indeed, truly alone). Normally, I share only one Haiku, but today, three have emerged, so forgive my indulgence in offering them all to you:


Now I am alone
no-one else drinks from my cup.
My tea has gone cold.


......This is my own space
......my rooms, my floors, my own walls,
......my own voice speaking


She sits here with my,
my silent shadow-sister.
Her hand touches mine.

There will be more Haiku on the theme HERE

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 5/9/06 2:14 pm, Blogger susanlavonne said...

these give me chills...like a damp October morning on the Doolin pier...my favorite is the first :-)

 
At 5/9/06 2:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the second one best--you're really claiming your life as an independent woman.

 
At 5/9/06 3:40 pm, Blogger paris parfait said...

These are just gorgeous! I particularly like the second one, attesting to your strength in aloneness.

 
At 5/9/06 4:58 pm, Blogger jzr said...

Really nice work ... both writing and doing!!

 
At 5/9/06 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting how we're each drawn to a certain one - though they each have their own particular beauty, the last one resonates particularly with me.
Thank you.

 
At 5/9/06 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovey work - my favourite is the third.

 
At 5/9/06 7:37 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

They were all lovely :) Glad you're enjoying YOUR time.

 
At 5/9/06 9:14 pm, Blogger mareymercy said...

I like very much the idea of a "shadow-sister." Very cool.

 
At 6/9/06 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is number three - I love the idea of a shadow sister (could yours be Trixie?)

 
At 6/9/06 2:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful poems - my favorite is the second one.

 
At 6/9/06 5:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the one about the tea best, but love them all. What a wonderful genre haiku is.

 
At 7/9/06 1:32 am, Blogger Jennifer S. said...

these are wonderful :)

 
At 7/9/06 3:17 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

I like each of these. There's a sadness to them, but also a strength and determination.

 
At 7/9/06 4:57 pm, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

..."shadow-sister"... I love that! Stunning poem.

 
At 8/9/06 9:09 pm, Blogger kerrdelune said...

I love them all - perfect in every way and although all three sing to me, I have to go with the second verse, this eloquent reclaiming of your space and power.

 
At 9/9/06 2:53 am, Blogger harmonyinline said...

These are all lovely

 
At 10/9/06 3:20 am, Blogger kerry said...

i really love these. especiallly the last one.

 
At 10/9/06 4:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is just lovely - thanks so much for baring your soul like that - very brave, very touching.

 
At 2/10/06 8:31 pm, Blogger daringtowrite said...

"my silent shadow-sister"... mine sits here touching me, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home