GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Monday, October 16, 2006

One Deep Breath - Simple Pleasures


.....................
..................Silky golden head
..........................resting on my arm just now
..............................Trixie home again

This week's prompt from One Deep Breath is Simple Pleasures. This one was the most immediate to me - the pleasure of a presence like Trixie, her companionship. Then there's coffee, there are figs and almonds. There is October sunshine and the sound of the sea. There's sitting with friends and planning birthday treats for friends. There is the prospect of puy lentil stew for dinner. There is the feeling of my hair after it's been blow-dried smooth. There is that cedarwood candle a friend gave me last week, and there is the song of a thrush outside.

More? Find them HERE

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 16/10/06 5:03 pm, Blogger Amber said...

Aww! I love your little dog!

:)

 
At 16/10/06 6:28 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Nothing beats the simple pleasure of a pet's unconditional love! Trixie is too cute ;)

 
At 16/10/06 7:44 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

Perfect subject for the theme!

 
At 16/10/06 9:06 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Adorable Dog. They are simple pleasures to our well being. :o)

 
At 16/10/06 9:09 pm, Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Simple pleasure of a pet's company! I certainly agree with that one!

 
At 16/10/06 9:11 pm, Blogger harmonyinline said...

she looks adorable pets are such a special joy

 
At 16/10/06 10:44 pm, Blogger susanlavonne said...

you've written such a loving tribute :-) she's sooo cute and looks as though she has the personality to match!

 
At 17/10/06 12:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable Trixie.

 
At 17/10/06 1:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true - one of my greatest pleasures is cuddling with my two furry babes!

Loved your haiku, and the rest of your simple pleasures list! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 17/10/06 1:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pets can bring a lot of simple pleasure.

My old dog was Trixie too. :)

 
At 17/10/06 2:23 am, Blogger rel said...

GreenishLady,
Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
It is all about the simple pleasures isn't it?

Unconditional love from our pets is soul soothing.
rel

 
At 17/10/06 8:33 am, Blogger Catherine said...

Cute dog! And a lovely tribute in haiku to Trixie.

 
At 17/10/06 1:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trixie looks quite fetching, and I like this post. Now I'm hungry for some almonds and figs though :-)

 
At 17/10/06 3:59 pm, Blogger paris parfait said...

Adorable photo and haiku! Such a cute dog.

 
At 18/10/06 5:36 am, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Lovely...haiku and photo.

 
At 19/10/06 5:00 pm, Blogger Amber said...

I wanted to ask you about Trixie. I saw a free adoption of a little Yorkie puppy, and I was thinking of calling about it. But are they yappy dogs? Because my hubs hates little yappy dogs. But I think they are so sweet! And when I have seen them, they are not yappy, but i thought I would ask you.

I really want a Cavalier, but that might have to wait.

:)

 
At 20/10/06 12:58 am, Blogger Amber said...

Thank you for telling me about Trixie and Yourkies!

ox :)

 
At 26/10/06 6:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you go? Hope you're okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home