Life's Little Lessons
This week's lessons come from a variety of places in my life.
- When an eight-year-old says he wants a medium tub of popcorn, buy the small size. You're going to have a LOT of leftover popcorn to eat if you get the medium.
- When you get the urge to contact someone, just do it. Think how you feel when an old friend contacts you out of the blue... See?
- If something is lost, look for it. You know it's somewhere. Don't panic. Often a detached attitude - saying "It's probably for the best. I needed to learn to let go anyway" will miraculously make the lost object turn up. (I still haven't learnt if it works to fake that attitude)
- If you don't unpack the day you arrive home from a trip, you're likely to still be searching through suitcases a week later.
- When you have a success, tell people. - Give them the joy of celebrating with you. People like good news.
What have you learnt this week? Check out Life's Little Lessons for other learnings.