GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Poetry Thursday - Lost and Found

Over at Pomegranates and Paper, the theme for this week's List Friday is Things I have Lost, which reminded me of this poem I wrote some time ago. I'll share it simply because it came to mind today.


Lost and Found

Things I have lost:
A few umbrellas. I no longer carry one.
A silver ring - three strands plaited, a pretty thing,
my very first.
A poem sent to me by my friend.
Some memories. Now, I don't know which ones they were.

And found:
On Spiddal beach, among the stones, a pendant,
no chain attached, a fairy charm.
Late at night, a bunch of carnations, fresh
lying in the middle of our street.
In Strandhill, on my loneliest day, a pebble
with the imprint of a long-gone sea shell.


I'm looking forward to seeing what else has been offered by Poetry Thursday participants this week.

12 Comments:

At 15/6/06 6:13 pm, Blogger Ceebie said...

Thanks for your comment on my prose-poem, GreenishLady. I love the idea of this poetry assignment - it certainly resulted in a whimsical poem! Maybe I'll try it myself one day...

 
At 15/6/06 10:41 pm, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh i love these images. the trip this takes me on...thank you for sharing it!

 
At 16/6/06 1:32 am, Blogger Kara said...

That is a nice poem. I never would have thought to craft a poem about what I've lost and found.

 
At 16/6/06 3:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so evocative...it really tickled my imagination.

Thank you!

 
At 16/6/06 3:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Some memories. Now, I don't know which ones they were." This line brought me a smile of recognition - though I can't remember of what now... : )

 
At 16/6/06 11:56 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the images in your poem. I especially like the line:

"Late at night, a bunch of carnations, fresh
lying in the middle of our street."

It just spoke to me. Inspired me even. Thank you for your lovely work.

 
At 16/6/06 1:21 pm, Blogger Sheela said...

'...on my loneliest day, a pebble
with the imprint of a long-gone sea shell.'

these lines are just soaked in loss, longing and beauty. breathtaking!

 
At 16/6/06 3:58 pm, Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said...

Hi this beloved dreamer. What a lovely poem. You may have written it a while ago but it sounds fresh and new to me. Poems, I think always remain fresh in our minds and hearts.
I wanted to thank you for your lovely comment about my poem and it came all the way from Ireland.
We have people in Limerick. They come every summer to visit.

 
At 16/6/06 9:20 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Nice ... I love the imprint of the seashell line too!

 
At 17/6/06 2:02 pm, Blogger Cate said...

You know how I feel about your writing! This poem is exquisite.

 
At 17/6/06 8:33 pm, Blogger Di Mackey said...

A delicious poem :) I loved your bed post too.

 
At 17/6/06 9:58 pm, Blogger Laura said...

Love the idea of keeping a list of what I find...yours were very poignant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home