GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A poem for Thursday

One of my own poems this week. Asked in a workshop to do a self-portrait poem, I thought "I've done that already" so I opted instead to do a Catalogue:


Catalogue

Woman in shades of purple
Self-portrait as a body of water
Tree with one fruit
Woman with squirrel's eyes
Self-portrait with pen and paper
Woman with yellow aura
Impression - before autumn
Nude in locked bathroom
Woman with frail wings
Untitled - Not for sale.

8 Comments:

At 16/3/06 7:57 pm, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

I have reread this a few times and each time I say out loud "oh" as another layer of this speaks to me. Beautiful.
The last two lines have walked across my heart this afternoon. Thank you for posting this today.

 
At 16/3/06 11:09 pm, Blogger Endment said...

Wonderful verbal self-portrait
so much color and depth!

 
At 17/3/06 2:12 am, Blogger Cate said...

Like Liz, I reread this many times. I love the rhythm, the intonation. I also love the images that it provokes. I don't think that I could even pick a favorite line--they all blend so marvelously to create the most interesting mood!

This is such a special piece. I am very thankful that you shared it with us. I hope (fingers crossed) that you will share more of your own poetry with us in the future!

 
At 17/3/06 3:30 pm, Blogger Kara said...

I keep coming back and reading your poem. I'm so glad you shared it with us. Thank you, thank you.

 
At 18/3/06 12:39 am, Blogger kerrdelune said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 18/3/06 12:40 am, Blogger kerrdelune said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 18/3/06 12:40 am, Blogger kerrdelune said...

What wonderful cadence this poem has! It sings gloriously, and every image is a a treasure. Thank you for this. . . .

 
At 18/3/06 5:12 am, Blogger Sky said...

Thanks for sharing - now I am going back for another read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home