GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reading the Pages

I don't know about anyone else, but reading the Morning Pages is just taking me forever! I have three weeks yet to read, and haven't done any of the other exercises for week 9. Yes, there are insights to be gleaned, and reminders of actions yet to do (and the very comforting realisation that many of the actions I plan in the pages are under way, have already been taken, in fact). But I'm getting bored with them. Did everyone else read all the way through every page they'd written over the 8 weeks?

Ok. Back to the drawing-board... I mean Reading-spot.

6 Comments:

At 9/3/06 3:24 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Hi Greenishlady - my morning pages are so boring at first and they do take forever to read - so I haven't read much of them. Actually it's having a weird effect on my current morning pages writing. I'm aware this week of wanting to get to more good stuff -the dreams and goals kind of stuff so does that mean I am now starting to censor myself by not allowing as much venting?

 
At 9/3/06 3:54 pm, Blogger GreenishLady said...

So, you mean, you're consciously trying to write the kind of stuff you found interesting as you read? I don't know if it's self-censoring or just choosing to use your pages differently. I only know I have been surprised so far to find there is something worth noting on most pages. And I had to take out two more colours to highlight Dreams and Synchronicities too.

 
At 10/3/06 12:10 am, Blogger Laura said...

I haven't even started yet. :( This week is jam-packed with work on-call stuff, and I have a whole book full of pages, and I look at it, and my only thought is "you are bloody KIDDING me". I just want to cry, and go back to bed. (That might be because I got up at 5 am thanks to a work call, though. Le sigh.)

 
At 10/3/06 12:28 am, Blogger Endment said...

Some years ago --- I learned speed reading --- it helps

 
At 10/3/06 2:43 pm, Blogger The Silent K said...

I know what you mean. I haven't been doing my morning pages everyday, so I don't have THAT many, but as I was reading through them I was thinking about the people who actually write three pages everyday. There is so much crap in the morning pages to filter through to get to the good stuff (if there is any at all in there).

I hope that you find some juicy pieces of wisdom in there for yourself!

 
At 11/3/06 3:55 am, Blogger Otter said...

Re-reading MP is going slow too. I think of it like eating Jelly Bellys. I gotta eat a few crappy ones (like the buttered popcorn (uck)) but eventually I'll be surpried and a black licorice (yum) will land in my mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home