GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Precious Object!


I decided not to hide it on the back of my bedroom door, or in a drawer, or rolled up in some hidden space, but to put it on my study wall, right where I see it when I come in my front-door - and where visitors will see it, and I am beginning to believe it, really believe it. There are butterflies, birdies, roses, stars, feathers, and even a peacock in there! I was very inspired by Wenda's post about loving herself, and felt this is a step towards having the courage to list all the things I might love about myself too. There is a big gap between the idea I have about this (I'm well able to appreciate myself), and the actual feelings that come up when called to do it in any way publicly.

Starting Week 8, I find there are themes there that are very relevant for me again, so will be trying to work on all the tasks in the course of the week. (Is it Tuesday already? Where did that time go?)

6 Comments:

At 1/3/06 1:31 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Thanks for the link and for reminding me to dig out the collage I created of this mantra during one of my AW journeys.
I look forward to hearing more about your self love when you are ready to share if you choose to share on line.

 
At 1/3/06 8:46 am, Blogger Tinker said...

Great idea to put your AW collage/affirmation (which is lovely, btw) in such a prominent place.

 
At 1/3/06 3:48 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Thanks for the link to wenda. You are going great! I love that you've put your affirmation in a prominent and public spot.

 
At 1/3/06 4:38 pm, Blogger Joy Eliz said...

This is fantastic! Good for you - your post is truely inspiring!

 
At 2/3/06 3:39 am, Blogger kellie said...

HOORAY FOR YOU, Greenish Lady! When I first looked at your picture yesterday, I was so touched I almost cried. That may sound a bit over-emotional, but I was just so proud of you in that moment. So proud and happy to witness a bit of this growing love for yourself--this movement toward saying "I do", to yourself, as you have put it.

The image of your sign has just been hanging in my mind. It was especially exciting that you put it out there for all to see--including your cyber pals! I am so proud of you for yourself and for the "Yes!" it also symbolizes for me and the rest of us as we are all growing together.

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful comments you left for me and my jealousy monsters--they made me extremely happy.

And you are not a goody-two-shoes, Mel: you are just plain good. Your consistency is something I admire more than you could imagine.

Through your words you convey a deep sense of gentle strength and peaceful balance, things I want more of in my life. I have been inspired by the image of you going right to tea and morning pages in a faithful routine, and I am moving back to some semblance of steadiness in the midst of my chaos, keeping that image in mind.

Lastly, I will say that in my very unbalanced blog-binging mode of late, I googled my blog name out of curiosity yesterday and found a comment you'd left with someone else about a story on my blog and I felt so touched. You are always out there supporting and connecting people. Wow. You are a "precious object" indeed. A gift to this community and a special gift to me in particular. I will always be grateful for that note you wrote encouraging me not to give this up. Thank you.

 
At 2/3/06 3:46 pm, Blogger Cate said...

Oh, good for you! It's beautiful!

I too loved Wenda's post. I hope you find the courage to write and/or share your list soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home