GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Week 3 - Almost check-in Day

Initial feeling (now it's Friday) was that it wasn't a week of big happenings. True. But it's been a week of little advances, which is good, and I keep saying I'm not producing, while right under my nose someone (could it be me?) is using my hands and my brain to do stuff. - I've written a few poems and "bits", picked up my long-neglected knitting, done at least one of my favourite things (had a friend over for dinner last night), stayed the entire week within my planned healthy eating regime (and enjoyed it), and a wonderful gift landed in the post that will be the basis for some new poems - at the very least. It's an audio-tape of my mother made 20 years ago reminiscing on her childhood. - A beautiful gift, and one I didn't even know existed until very recently, I had one long, long walk, did a bit of poking about in the flower-beds (I won't exactly call it weeding, more like moodling). .... And I go to an art opening this evening.
A good week, ... and it's not over yet!

3 Comments:

At 27/1/06 3:58 pm, Blogger Kara said...

All these little advances sound so wonderful and an audio tape of your mother reminiscing sounds so precious. What a gift and synchronicity!

 
At 28/1/06 3:54 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

Oh what a wonderful gift!

 
At 28/1/06 5:45 am, Blogger daru said...

thanks for your helpful comment on my blog. i appreciate the things you've written on yours...this aw community of ours is so encouraging and supportive! best wishes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home