GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Blogging, Synchronicity, Inspiration, the Web

For anyone who, like me, decided to take the leap and experiment with creating a blog for this Artist's Way journey, and who has gone through a gamut of doubts and questions and fears and excitements about the process, Tess has a list of reasons to neglect your blog that you may relate to. - I definitely did. I laughed out loud reading it. While she's not in the Artist's Way group, she tells stories that I find way inspiring and think you will, too - particularly Enlightenment Under the Mulberry Tree. I came across her blog via Fran, who also pointed me in the direction of Kat's Paws, although she is not a member of the Artist's Way Group either . I am fascinated with this web of connections, interconnections, multi-connections that is forming. It reminds me of the idea that when we are held by a net with many connections like that, even if one, or two threads break or slacken, the others hold. There is great strength in the variety and multiplicity of the group. - When one of us is feeling down, others are there to say what is holding them up, and I love that - experiencing it, witnessing it, trying to participate in it. Someone else mentioned Indra's Net. This seems like a real expression of that idea to me.

I am putting time into reflecting on privacy, safety, the balance between what is shared, what needs to be shared, not shared... those things. I notice some people express their entire thought process on topics, meaningful events from everyday life, life history events, and others are more circumspect. I suppose I'm the latter type. - I'm just gradually feeling my way in here, and trying to figure out (a) what about me would be of any remote interest to people out there and (b) what might I say that I would be ok with people in my real life reading? - Or NOT ok with? Tess's list covers a lot of those things. I suppose time sorts it out, but I don't want to start to feel uncomfortable, and stop posting because I haven't resolved the dilemna either.

4 Comments:

At 27/1/06 3:55 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Thank you for the link to Tess. Oh I can so relate to it and to your post.
Much of my morning pages today was about this dilemna - have I shared too much or not enough or not the right kind of information? This morning I feel a bit like hitting the erase button and running. And when that feeling comes up does it mean that my words really need to stay there or does it mean that I've crossed a boundary I'm not comfortable with? How to tell the difference is sometimes not always obvious. It needs time and reflection.
Anyway, I so appreciate your blog Greenishlady and thank you so much for leaving your comments at mine.

 
At 27/1/06 8:10 pm, Blogger Otter said...

I to am caught in the muddle of what to share...am I boring...etc... But in the end I just gotta' be me. That's all I can be. Now I will go check out the link to Tess to see her insights. Thanks and... Enjoy the art opening tonight!

 
At 3/2/06 9:46 pm, Blogger kellie said...

Hello, Greenish Lady. I am cheat-reading again. Actually this is my second time reading this post of yours and now I've decided to say something about this line of yours:
____________
(a) what about me would be of any remote interest to people out there
_____________

Remote interest? Now, now, we let you get away with that! Can't wait 'til you get back from RD Land (Reading Deprivation) so we can all delight in your most interesting greenish posts!! :)

 
At 3/2/06 9:47 pm, Blogger kellie said...

Oops! I meant to say:

We WON'T let you get away with that. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home