GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Feast

FIRST: If you haven't yet read my post about Jen Ballantyne, please do. She's an incredible woman who needs help, support, caring, prayers, people to witness her experience of cancer. Thank you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appetizer Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.
(That's hard: All the good ones have been done already!) Ok. I love tubular-shaped flowers, so I'd create some really sweetly scented white tubular-shaped flowers, growing on slender stalks, a little like harebells, delicate and pretty. It will be a surprisingly long-lasting cut flower, and as the flower ages, a pink blush will take over the white. I'll call it Evening Blossom.

Soup Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice. Guy Clark can cause chills up my spine. Bob Dylan too.

Salad On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car? I'm afraid I come in at about 3. I don't go to the car-wash often enough. What I notice is that after I go to the car-wash, I always have to drive on roads that are being dug up, and the car just gets all dirty again. Inside, I keep it fairly tidy. Nothing goes bad there. But there might be a pair of walking boots thrown behind my seat. There will be a scarf or gloves somewhere. There might be parking labels scattered on the dashboard, and a coffee-cup waiting a couple of days to be disposed of. Ok, is that 1? 2?

Main Course How do you feel about poetry? I love poetry. I'm (ahem) a published poet. I wrote a poem about "Why I Love Poetry" and posted it HERE. I don't often read a book of poems from cover to cover. I love to dip in and out. For a while a great online group called "Poetry Thursday" was responsible for much of what happened on my blog. I still miss it. Sorry you asked?

Dessert What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of? The photos I posted HERE after my trip last weekend around places I used to visit some years ago. The actual last picture was the one of the Celtic Cross.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to check out more Friday Feasts? Go HERE. Want to see the beautiful painting I've had made of my dog? Go HERE

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4/4/08 12:41 pm, Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my little dog. She is doing a little better the past couple of days, but I know it is only a short reprieve.

Your Trixie literally 'spoke' to me from her portrait. What a sweet little dog!

 
At 4/4/08 11:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your photos. Happy feasting!

 
At 5/4/08 3:27 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You are an amazing poet (poet-ess) I wish I could write meaningfully like that! Love your blog!

 
At 5/4/08 4:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you darling, you are so kind and supportive and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you also for your helpful comment just recently regarding my decision to go back to Hospice. I will definitely need a laptop or to take my computer with me, I cannot be without my support group and dear, dear friends. Love and Hugs to you my dear Jen B xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home