GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sunday Scribbling - Who Else Can I Still Be?

Although I missed out on doing last week's prompt (mea culpa... when I counted up, I found that, of the 19 prompts offered so far, I've only done 10 of them. I seem to be away at weekends a LOT!) I still wanted to do this week's. Yes, it might have turned out differently if I'd written last week, but I am where I am, so I just chose to write and see what came out. It turned out to suit my most recent SoulCollage (tm) card, so that's what I've added at the end!


Who else can I still be?

I can still be the woman who has learnt to put the past behind her. There is still space for me to become someone who doesn’t mind any more having lost, someone who will say with grace and ease “Ah, yes, there was a husband… but that was long ago, and doesn’t matter any more” I still have time to become someone for whom none of that really matters at all. Someone who is not troubled by regrets or overtaken by tears at strange times

She will live easy in the world, this woman, moving lightly from place to place, open and connecting with people she meets. The woman I might become has found the balance – the balances that I’ve been seeking. She can speak of herself and her life without boring others. She is in a place that is the perfect medium between aloof and intrusive. She doesn’t worry about the future, but she looks to it at the same time, and sees to it that she does the necessary things.

I can still be a woman who values the woman I am now, who brings her along, shelters her and praises her, knows the path she has trodden, and knows, when she looks back, that I did what I could, given my circumstances and resources. She will have no blame for me, and no bitterness for others. She will carry the past as a basket of treasures, rough and smooth gems, items that can be identified, and others that can be just felt, picked up and smoothed, touched to a cheek in blessing.

Maybe I can still become a woman who knows things other women need to hear, a woman who can share, and walk along the path with others. I can still be strong. I can still be wise. I can walk into the world proud in my skin, upright and capable. I can claim my place in the next phase of my life, begin to see the marks of Cronehood as marks of honour, begin to laugh more loudly, and to pay less attention to the rules. I can still become a woman who has the best qualities of my mother and grandmother in me. I can still become a woman who, without having a daughter, can pass those qualities to other women, or praise them and value them in friends, nieces, the sisters of the soul who come my way. Who else can I still be? I still have the chance to become fully, completely, wonderfully, Me.






The Crone









Other Sunday Scribblings are HERE

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 13/8/06 3:32 am, Blogger Frankie said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! What a fabulously empowering and inspiring post!! So much of what I want to be, what I hope to be among these lines. Thank you SO much for this!!

 
At 13/8/06 4:27 am, Blogger lisrobbe said...

extremely inspiring. I hope I can acheive this as well, becasue it is what women should want to stive to become.

 
At 13/8/06 5:23 am, Blogger Amber said...

I think this woman is something to aspire to! I have a deep love for The Crone, myself. Beautiful.

:)

 
At 13/8/06 8:01 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Th eCrone - something to aspire to, yes indeedy!
I love this 'She will carry the past as a basket of treasures, rough and smooth gems, items that can be identified, and others that can be just felt, picked up and smoothed, touched to a cheek in blessing.'
(That is just so beautiful.)

 
At 13/8/06 8:54 am, Blogger paris parfait said...

Lovely and powerful piece - quite inspirational. I think you're well on your way to becoming that woman!

 
At 13/8/06 1:21 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Beautifully put. We should certainly embrace our crone selves when they arrive.

 
At 13/8/06 3:14 pm, Blogger kintheatl said...

This is beautiful and inspiring!

 
At 13/8/06 3:48 pm, Blogger gma said...

Great post
beautiful words and art.

 
At 13/8/06 4:22 pm, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

What gorgeous writing, Imelda! I love the thought of embracing the best of every stage of life. There is work to be done at every age, and I too aspire to be an inspiration to the young, when I no longer am. Crone me up! Thanks for this.

 
At 13/8/06 4:55 pm, Blogger Becca said...

Extremely affirmative post! A wise woman who shares her wisdom with others, a woman who values herself, and a woman who can balance her losses with her gains and feel she's come out on top - great things to aspire to for women of every age. Thanks so much for the insight, so beautifully expressed.

 
At 13/8/06 4:56 pm, Blogger kj said...

Someone who is not troubled by regrets or overtaken by tears at strange times

i love this line. you are obviously reflective and courageous. i've found those are good qualities to gallavant through life.

thanks for your visit to my blog and your comments.

 
At 13/8/06 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my dream...what a beautiful post and what powerful sentiments!

I absolutely aspire to being a Crone. :)

 
At 14/8/06 12:01 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

This reads like a prayer. I, too, wish I could put the past behind me and stop worrying about what I could have done, what might or should have been. The power in your post is tangible and real.

 
At 14/8/06 12:18 am, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You write so beautifully! This piece is truly a basket of treasures:) Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement.

Hugs

 
At 14/8/06 2:33 am, Blogger Star said...

I see so much hope in this post--reaching out for more of life and love. Very inspiring.

 
At 14/8/06 3:29 am, Blogger michelle said...

Wonderful post! such powerful and inspirational ideas...

 
At 14/8/06 5:14 am, Blogger Rachel Grynberg said...

You are already a woman who knows things other women need to hear.

Fabulous and so clearly told.

 
At 15/8/06 3:53 pm, Blogger Roadchick said...

What a wonderful way to say what the 'chick was trying to say . . .embrace the Crone and be proud of the transition!

 
At 17/8/06 3:46 pm, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am deeply moved by these words and am so glad you shared them and that i am here to read this, this morning. yes. thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home