GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feast or Famine! My fridge

Caroline asked me a question arising from my Sunday Scribblings post, which featured angels gathered from about my house. She's visited, and knew there was something else that people give me. That's butterflies. Butterfly pictures, butterfly mugs. Butterfly bookmarks. Glass butterflies to hang in the window... lots of butterflies.

There's even one on my fridge. I popped over to her blog, Caro's Lines, to tell her that, and she was asking the question: What's on your fridge? so here it is... the front of my fridge. For some reason, I've allowed the upper part - the freezer-cabinet door - to be the "notice-board", and I don't put any magnets on the lower part - probably because I open that door so often, things might fall off?
Can you spot the butterfly amid the confusion? I actually like that messy collection. Every magnet, postcard or photo has a story. There are invitations to friends' book-launches, memories of holidays and special places, tributes to some of my favourite artists - Gaudi and Monet feature a couple of times. My best young friend is there, grinning as he opened my Christmas gift last year. And the magnets include a pretzel, a fairy, a fish, three salamanders, a French breakfast-tray (with a copy of France-Soir, for some reason).

Maybe it's time to cull the postcards and make space for new images... Anything there that caught your eye? Want to share what's on your fridge? You could let Caroline and Andrea (who started this question) know you've done so.

And the title of this post? Feast or Famine... I hadn't posted anything here for over a month, and now there's two posts in one day! We'd call that a Feast or Famine situation.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 14/12/08 8:12 pm, Blogger andrea said...

Thanks for the peek! I find I have to cull regularly just to make space!

 
At 15/12/08 4:47 am, Blogger Laurie said...

What in the heck is he doing in Argentina?

Glad you're still around!

 
At 15/12/08 8:05 am, Blogger Caroline said...

Wow that's fantastic and yes I can see the butterfly - I like the whole collage too but that doesn't mean it should stay static if you want to attract new magnets/ cards into your life!

 
At 16/12/08 8:23 pm, Blogger Judy Merrill-Smith said...

I am happy to join you at the feast of your blog, whenever you feel up to it. Happy Christmas!

 
At 21/12/08 10:44 pm, Blogger Blondie said...

I think I have that very same butterfly magnet on my fridge! I bought it in the St. Louis Botanical Gardens Gift Shop! Glad to see you posting again!

 
At 26/12/08 6:05 am, Blogger Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I have a messy refrigerator, too. I saw your butterfly (I also love them), but what stood out for me were the fireworks.

Hope you had a merry Christmas; I know it was a hard one without your mom. Thinking of you.

 
At 26/12/08 5:41 pm, Blogger Julie said...

I don't know if my comment went through or not, so I'm going to write another one.

Dear Imelda,

I hope you had a peaceful and blessed Christmas. I am sure it was hard without your mum. I hope you made it through okay.

Love, Julie

 
At 1/1/09 2:42 am, Blogger Nadya said...

Love your 'fridge collage!! Mine goes in fits & spurts, rather 'moderate' right now - some things are more permanent, others current. My grandkids love to scoot the letters around, so a bunch of those live on the lower part, plus a photo or two. I too was drawn to the fireworks!

Have a blessed 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home