GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday Scribbling: Change

Some things that have changed in my life:

Where I live: From province to province to province, from town to town
Who I live with: From my family of origin, to my grandmother; then to living alone, sometimes with flatmates; then with my husband... husband and son... then with my son; with just Trixie; then alone, as now.
What I eat,
What I wear,
Shape of my body,
Colour of my hair,
My religion
My work
Marital status
Some friends have come, some friends have gone


Some things that have never changed:

Knowing I am loved by my parents and family
Belief in God
Trust that change can be a good thing
Curiousity
My delight in this world we share


---------------------------
That's all I have to say today about Sunday Scribbling's prompt of "Change", but there's lots more, so go see what's changed for the other participants!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 9/11/08 2:15 pm, Blogger anno said...

We have much in common! I think I share with you every single one of your changes... and I hope to maintain every single one of your life's constants. Lovely list... and good to see you posting again!

 
At 9/11/08 7:30 pm, Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

The name Greenish Lady intrigues me. Is it your hair or your politics?

 
At 9/11/08 9:52 pm, Blogger Granny Smith said...

Your lovely list is an illustration of the lovely person I know you to be. I look forward to your posts.

 
At 9/11/08 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great SS that cleverly captures so much of your life- I think I see some blogging subjects for you here! Do tell!!

Mine is up too...I hope you'll visit!
Bella :)

 
At 9/11/08 11:52 pm, Blogger v said...

I'm glad I found ur page. I've always love Ireland. And I love what u write here, too! have a nice day.

 
At 10/11/08 12:13 am, Blogger Lisa said...

The constants seem to hold us together. Love you Imelda. xoxox

 
At 10/11/08 3:06 am, Blogger "Sunshine" said...

I like your contrast of what has changed with the things that have remained the same. I also love the green theme, by the way!

 
At 10/11/08 3:19 am, Blogger Marcie said...

Imelda,

I like what you have to say about change. One could mediate about the changes one has been through for quite some time.

You've been quiet of late, so it was nice to read this today.

 
At 10/11/08 9:54 pm, Blogger Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Good to see you posting! If you can trust that change can be a positive, then you are *so* far ahead in the game, aren't you?! One thing I'm trying to learn is to make change my friend.

 
At 11/11/08 9:35 pm, Blogger Becca said...

It's good to have some touchstones in our lives to keep us steady through the changes which inevitably come.

I've missed your words - hope you're doing well :)

 
At 12/11/08 1:22 am, Blogger Amber said...

I like this.

:)

 
At 12/11/08 6:56 pm, Blogger Karen said...

And it's the constants that keep us going...

 
At 16/11/08 8:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think many of us have experienced those changes and things that never change. Actually, I wish more of the world could experience more of the things you've listed as never changing, as their own constants too. Having those in their lives might change the world for the better for everyone...
Wonderful post.

 
At 30/11/08 9:58 am, Blogger Miss Kim said...

I'm so glad I found your blogs somehow... I think from following SoulCollage links! I've just begun making my own cards and find your ideas so inspiring. Thank you for sharing yourself with the world :)
Kim
www.kimssoulcollagecards.blogspot.com

 
At 9/12/08 5:36 am, Blogger Fran aka Redondowriter said...

You haven't posted for a while, Imelda. I hope everything is going OK. I'll come by more often; been kind of blog avoiding.

 
At 13/12/08 11:25 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Imelda,

Just thinking of you and wanted to say hello and send you many loving thoughts.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home