GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Magical SoulCollage Slipper and the Weekend just past.

Would you like to see some of what I've been doing this weekend? Go look at my SoulFragments blog to see one thing! I'll be back this evening to fill you in more fully!

---------------------

Now it's late, late Tuesday night in fact (Grey's Anatomy new season - (probably WAY behind wherever it's at on the other side of the Atlantic) started with a double episode and even though I've been watching very, very little TV over the past 6 weeks or so, that's one I had to watch). So... the weekend past was a weekend with family. I drove the 6-hour drive (taking the slow, coast-road through the Burren) on Friday afternoon to go spend that evening with my two sisters at M's seaside house. We had a great dinner together, and a late-night walk by the sea, and caught up. I slept the best sleep with the sound of the sea lulling me, and woke to glorious sunshine and birdsong.


On Saturday, I spent the day at my other sister, A's house, offering a SoulCollage(R) workshop to seven friends and family-members. Aged from fourteen to fifty, they all enjoyed the day, snipping images from magazines, piecing together something new, something that reflected an aspect of the individual's life or personality, some interest or energy. We had a great lunch out on the deck, and wound up the day by each introducing one of the cards we'd made. Plans were made to form a group that will continue meeting to make cards together and work with the process. That thills me.


That evening, I got to visit my mother, and stayed with my Dad. They're 85 and almost-86. There is no communication possible any more with my Mum. Of course, we talk to her, but she isn't able to respond. She seldom seems to be aware of our presence. I miss her.


On Sunday, I saw my brother and spent time with my younger niece and nephew, and their new puppy. Isn't she a cutie? That's Chloe.
On Monday, it was time to head for home again, but I got to go visit my other brother en route, to see his two boys too (and get cuddles!), to catch up with visiting friends, to share a good lunch and have a laugh.

That's what it was about. Family. I got to see everyone (except the big nephew who's in Spain for the summer, and the bigger nephew who lives there all the time, and the grown niece who was away on holidays with her husband). I mean I saw my parents and all my siblings, and the young people. I love where I live, but I hate that it's so far away from my family. But then, when I see them, it really delights me.

So, it was a good weekend. No movies, no concerts, no garden visits. Family. A good weekend.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3/6/08 4:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool the magical slipper collage and the recounting of the lead-up to it! I love when Aha! stuff like that happens, when you have a realization that shows you a pattern you can trace back. And do you not do the same thing with writing? I do. I’ll have an idea that sits by the wayside, keeps popping up, no, no, no…and then Yes! an opportunity comes up that’s so obviously perfect for that idea. I consider these realizations to be the periodic reminders that tell us there’s a time and place for everything and we can trust the Universe to show us when, where and how :-)

 
At 4/6/08 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you put the SoulCollage link in this post. Reading further about it…well, I hadn’t known the extent of it. Now there’s a healthy little seed planted in my head that this would be something good for me to move into. Nice family snapshot—so much going on with all the older and newer souls. Chloe is so precious! My Lhasa Apso, Nova, is having much-needed surgery on both hips today…I’m a bit of a mess but mostly extremely hopeful for added quality of life :-)

 
At 4/6/08 3:47 pm, Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

what a cute puppy! That's what my heart saw right away, anyway.

glad you could spend time with family.

 
At 4/6/08 5:13 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Family, puppy, good food, collages and cuddles is a very good time indeed! xxoo

 
At 5/6/08 2:15 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Love the slipper Soul Collage - just slip into something more comfortable...

I don't know how you feel about a meme at the moment, ignore it if you want:

http://caroslines.blogspot.com/2008/06/let-play-tag.html

 
At 6/6/08 3:13 am, Blogger Julie said...

Oh, my lord, that puppy is so cute. I had to show the picture to Dan. He said "They (our dogs) would play with that puppy!"

It sounds as if you had a wonderful time. That's what it is all about

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I haven't been commenting anywhere. Real life intruded, big time. But now I am back and intend to have a fabulous summer, which includes re-connecting with my best blogging friends.

I am off to see what other posts I missed. I hope you don't mind if I don't comment on them all. I just got too far behind.

Love, Julie

 
At 6/6/08 3:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thoroughly enjoyed this post imelda! i found ou that the only television show i have watched or know anything about had a DOUBLE episode?! was able to travel a bit in ireland, seeing and learn about the Burren. i met an adorable puppy, at first i thought maybe she was your new housemate... and to get at least an idea of what a large extended family you have. thank you for all those introductions to your family. and isn't it nice that your soul collage work sometimes makes it possible for you to travel for two reasons that are close to your heart.
robin

 
At 6/6/08 2:05 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I miss my family, too--but they are actually about eleven hours driving distance away--not too doable with a five-year old.

It sounds like it was a perfectly wonderful weekend--though it's so sad about your mother. That she is there, yet not there--so hard for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home