GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Feast

Appetizer
What is the nearest big city to your home?
When you add the word "big" there, that causes me some confusion. We don't have any big cities (by American standards) in Ireland, so I'm going to ignore the word, and tell you that the nearest city to where I live is Derry, on the beautiful river Foyle (pop. 105,000). I travel there 4 days a week to work, and I love the drive at every time of year.


Soup
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?

Really depends on whose secrets they are! Professionally - very well! - I'm a 10. Being honest though, I've busted out and told other secrets a few times, so in personal relationships, I'd say I'm an 8 or 9 as a secret-keeper.


Salad
Describe your hair (color, texture, length).

My hair is thick and neither straight nor curly. (Do we say kinky?) It's shoulder-length, cut in layers and it's a rich chestnut-brown, which is my natural colour, but is now being maintained with the help of chemicals. I like my hair, although it takes a lot of work to dry it in such a way that it will sit nicely and shine, and not be a complete ball of frizz. I inherited my hair from my mother, and I like that.


Main Course
What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?

I drive just up to the speed limit, and am usually courteous, even magnanimous at times. But I do get annoyed with people who do dangerous things, and I frequently talk at other drivers - although they don't know what I'm saying... "Put down that phone... What's wrong with your indicators? ... Are you thinking of turning there? ... What on earth are you doo-o-o-ing?..."


Dessert
When was the last time you had a really bad week?

I'm glad you asked me that, because I can't remember! Isn't that wonderful? I have tiring weeks, demanding weeks, even at times stressful weeks, but I can't say I've had a bad week (as in misfortune or such events) in a very long time. That feels so good! ... Yes, I've been having a problem with my motor insurers this week, but somehow, I'm not stressed over it. I'm dealing with it. Making the calls. Doing what has to be done. I feel good knowing that.

----------------------------------

To play along, or to taste a few more feasts, go HERE

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 16/5/08 7:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast answers! Serve me up some of your salad please. I too have "fuzzy" hair. I thank my flat iron and gel for all of the good hair days I manage to have.

Happy Friday! :)

 
At 16/5/08 7:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me! :)
Loved your feast - happy weekend!

 
At 16/5/08 10:22 pm, Blogger Becca said...

I love your feast answers this week. And you reminded me I'm way overdue for some "chemical help" for my hair :)

 
At 17/5/08 7:07 pm, Blogger terri said...

so good to know that you haven't had any bad days recently. may you breeze along for a good long while like that.

and i'm jealous that you have no big cities. i live in the heart of a big city, and while i love so much about that, i do long for the simplicity of the countryside.

 
At 17/5/08 10:41 pm, Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

I tagged you for a meme over at my place!

 
At 21/5/08 7:15 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I like this feast! And you know, I envy people with kinky hair--mine's stick straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home