GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A meme

Diane, at Faith in Community has tagged me for a meme. Bits of it have appeared in other memes, but I'm playing along again:


Rules:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


Ten years ago: (Wow!) In May 1998, I was finishing two courses that have had significant impacts on my life. I was completing the 12-week Artist's Way this week (with which I credit major changes in my life, including much of the work I've done since then and the publication of my poetry collection); And I was finishing the coursework for a 6-month Introduction to Counselling and Listening for women - which led me into a Diploma in counselling, degree in psychology, and my current work counselling young people.

[Answering this question has sent me back to the journals I was keeping at the time, and a couple of hours of reading over entries I made during the month of May - Thanks for the trip down memory lane!]


Five things on today's "to do" list:
Hang out the whites.
Take in the other laundry
Pair up the socks
Call my Dad
Get my files ready for tomorrow


Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
Buy a property somewhere isolated near the sea and create a spiritual/creative retreat space for women; have my back-garden landscaped; fund a fantastic writers' centre in my town; get myself a cabin in California; properly fund my local women's centre; get another dog and pay someone to babysit them when I couldn't be there.

Three bad habits:
1...Daydreaming (about what I'd do if I was a billionaire)!
2...Allowing piles of books/papers to build up on my kitchen table and living-room coffee-table
3...Procrastination of certain tasks (currently tidying the garden, and clearing those two tables!)

Five places I've lived:
1...Newbridge, Co. Kildare (birthplace. Left at age 3)
2...Limerick city (age 3 to 21)
3...Sligo (21 until 38)
4...Letterkenny, Co. Donegal (38 to present)

and to make up the 5th... Hillegom, Holland for the summer of my 19th year.


Five jobs I've had:
1... Bulb-packer in flower factory, Hillegom, Holland
2... Cook in a prison
3... Payroll clerk/ general ledger clerk/ assistant accountant
4... Tutor/facilitator in adult education courses
5... Counsellor

Five people I'm tagging for this meme:
(oooh! Will they want to do it? Will they say "Oh No! Not another meme!"?)

As some bits of this meme have already appeared in previous memes, and as some people may not feel in the mood, I'm tagging five people, and saying from my perspective, participation is totally optional. OK?... (But if you do play along, leave a comment to let me know, would you?)

1... Becca, at Becca's Byline
2... Lila, at Indigo Pears
3... Tammie Lee, at Spirithelpers
4... Ell, at Pomegranate Tiger
5... Rick, at Hamguin's Hide-Not

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 18/5/08 1:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are questions that would stymie me completely but ones that a good to answer anyway! good luck on the airing of your socks...always a dreaded task. and i did not realize we share the avocation of counseling as well as the love of wee dogs :)
your friend, bird tweet robin from down the road

 
At 18/5/08 1:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe. i meant "pairing" of your socks not "airing" :)
r

 
At 18/5/08 3:16 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Ten years ago... seems like that was a really significant time in your life so a great time for you to get this meme!

 
At 18/5/08 5:40 pm, Blogger anno said...

Great questions, and interesting answers, too.

Pairing up the socks? Sigh. Now there's a job that's never done...

 
At 18/5/08 5:49 pm, Blogger Becca said...

Funny thing, Imelda, I was already thinking about this meme because I've seen it around on other's blogs :)

By the way, I'd love to visit your retreat space by the sea :) What a lovely way to spend some of that money!

 
At 18/5/08 6:31 pm, Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

thanks for playing! of course it's always completely optional... but based on your answer, I wish you would become a billionaire so I could visit your creative retreat.

 
At 18/5/08 10:15 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Well done Imelda! Dave has a serious bulb addiction and gets them from Holland. lol

You can visit my CA cabin anytime you want. HUGS

 
At 19/5/08 3:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to get my journals out to see what I was doing in 1998 to. Then in 2005, I'd be checking the blog. Times have changed.

I once packed Christmas baskets in July.

Think I did this meme before. The archives would tell.

 
At 19/5/08 3:26 am, Blogger ell said...

What fun! I've seen this meme (or variations) before but have never done it myself.

Here it is.

 
At 19/5/08 2:11 pm, Blogger rochambeau said...

It's fun reading your meme Imelda!
I like that you daydream!!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.
Constance

 
At 19/5/08 9:26 pm, Blogger nonizamboni said...

You've led a most interesting life, my friend. So fun to read about your past and present, all with a touch of your artistic presence.
Have a lovely week.

 
At 20/5/08 12:08 am, Blogger terri said...

ooooh...if you ever build that retreat center, let me know. sounds lovely. i can almost smell the sea.

 
At 20/5/08 2:37 am, Blogger Otter said...

A cook in a prison? Wow thats got to be good fodder for tales.
Thanks for your nice note a few weeks back.
Last fall my life took some strange twists, but my boat seems to be in calmer waters now.

 
At 20/5/08 6:03 pm, Blogger Tammie Lee said...

Hi Imelda,
Was wonderful fun reading about your life, thank you for sharing. We visit one another's blogs having glimpses into one another's lives, this gives us another view. I think it would be wonderful for you to become a billionaire, as you have wonderful ideas! I have just posted my meme that you invited me to. Hope you enjoy.
Tammie

 
At 21/5/08 7:12 pm, Blogger Karen said...

What an interesting job list--prison cook?! And if you ever get that retreat built, please put down my name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home