GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

When the circle comes around

Some months ago, I did a Sunday Scribbling post about "Fellow Travellers". Within my meandering writing, I spoke of meeting K en route from Shannon, Ireland to New York on my first trip to the US two years ago. There was much synchronicity between our experiences. We fell into one another's company gladly. We parted in New York, where she connected with a flight home to Oregon, and I to San Francisco.

The "K" stands for Krayna. Krayna Castlebaum. She and I have kept in touch by email sporadically since then. I was delighted recently to read about a project she had started called "Poem of the Month". She put a box in her front garden and posts a poem there. People can take away a copy. Recently, she sent me a link to a spiritual writing group in which she is participating online - The Virtual Teahouse, (engaging the spirituality of everyday life). I noticed today she's posting her Poem of the Month online, and went to see - and she's posted one of mine! I'm so honoured. Because I'd like you to meet Krayna - and because I'm delighted to see this happen, I'd really like you to go over and see the post featuring my poem, In Crepe Paper. She found it in the book I pushed into her hand as we parted in a baggage hall at JFK. And she begins her post with a beautiful poem she has written in response to mine. I'm doubly honoured!

It tickles me to see this because in all we spoke about that day, I don't recall the internet or blogs featuring at all, and yet, here we meet again, in cyberspace this time. There are also a lot of great people to meet at the Virtual Teahouse, so maybe you'd like to take a look.

Krayna! Blessings to you, my friend.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5/4/08 8:41 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Imelda, that was a beautiful poem! Your friend knows a kindred spirit in her response. XXOO

 
At 7/4/08 1:53 pm, Blogger Karen said...

I really like your poem, Imelda--you are such a wonderful writer/poet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home