GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Gone (word-)Fishing

The Universe took charge, and made sure that distractions would be minimised during these first days of NaNoWriMo - the madness that is an effort to write a 50,000 novel in the 30 days of this month. It jinxed my Internet connection. I'm taking advantage of an hour at a borrowed PC to just post this. I haven't gone off in a sulk. I'm just unconnected - and luckily, apart from internet access, now have two functioning computers, both happily sucking up words to add to my novel. Count stands at 4200 or thereabouts, and my house is awash with cloaked characters drifting about leaving bog-water on my floors! I'm enjoying these early days. Catch ye all later!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3/11/06 3:44 pm, Blogger Leah said...

sorry about your connection, but best of luck with your novel!!! xoxox

 
At 3/11/06 4:05 pm, Blogger Deirdre said...

Cloaked characters and bog-water - I definitely want to read this. Sorry about the internet issues, but I'm glad you're writing and writing and writing....

 
At 4/11/06 1:16 am, Blogger Laura said...

*grins* Glad nano is off to a good start - hope it continues so. Your novel sounds interesting. I do hope your connection sorts itself out sometime soon, though, but I'm glad at least the computers are behaving.... :)

 
At 4/11/06 2:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start, Imelda! Though I'm sorry for the loss of the Internet connection it probably IS for the best-considering how distracted I'm being by it! For instance, um, now - I suppose I should be writing, right now....

Good luck!

 
At 5/11/06 7:34 am, Blogger daringtowrite said...

4200 words! What a great start!

 
At 7/11/06 4:42 pm, Blogger Endment said...

You're off to a great start! Sending lots of encouragement your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home