GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

End of November.....

Tonight's big news is that I made it to the enf of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and achieved the goal of writing 50,000 words of a novel (50098, in fact). It's not pretty. It's not smart. It's not a lot of things, but it's 50,000 words more than I would have done had I not taken the challenge. Through home redecoration, and a bout of illness, I wrote, and I am proud of myself for coming through my first attempt at this challenge. There is nothing about it that I regret! Hurrah!


One other thing --- I am sorry that I've had to turn on comment verification, but there was too much spam appearing, and I realised it's not just a nuisance to me, but to anyone wishing to read the comments or to leave one, too.

Taking a break from the keyboard tonight, celebrating my BIRTHDAY tomorrow, and I'll be back to "normal" over the weekend! Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and support during November. This Blogging community is just wonderful, and I count myself very lucky to have stumbled in here.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 1/12/06 1:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing, and happy birthday!

 
At 1/12/06 1:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. This was my first year, too. I'm not sure I can do it in November again (practically my busiest month of the year), but it inspires me to attempt it again on another month...or just plain try it again without the time restriction. I hope you are inspired to try again too.

Best wishes for a happy birthday tomorrow and a spectular year ahead before celebrating your next.

 
At 1/12/06 2:50 am, Blogger Cate said...

I was thrilled to see this post come across my Bloglines! Yayyyy, Imelda! You are amazing! Many, many congrats. and have a birthday filled with joy!

P.S. I didn't make it--unless, of course, I write 30K before midnight! Looking forward to next year--hahahaha!

 
At 1/12/06 5:24 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

Congratulations on finishing the book (because it is a book), and Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a great weekend.

 
At 1/12/06 11:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you have even more to celebrate on your birthday - the birth of your new novel. Woo hoo!

Happy Birthday, Imelda!!

(no, I didn't make it - but I still have 38,416 more words of a novel than I did before I started!)

 
At 1/12/06 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, and all good things in the coming year!!! Oh yes, and hearty congratulations on completing your NaNoWriMo opus! I am definitely going to do it next year.

 
At 2/12/06 2:08 am, Blogger Endment said...

A Very Wonderful and Happy Birthday Wish for you!

Kudos for the completion of the NaNo WriMo challenge!

 
At 2/12/06 7:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on NanoWriMo. I completed it four years ago, and signed up this year, but didn't write a damned word. I'm proud of you! What was your plot?

 
At 3/12/06 1:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations are definitely in order. This was my first attempt at NaNoWriMo, as well, and it was definitely a challenge, as well as a great learning experience.

It's wonderful to have completed it just in time for your birthday - a nice gift to yourself:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home