GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Back in BlogLand

Just a brief post to say I'm still here. It's so strange what the Universe will do in order to get you what you want. There I was... having committed to the madness of writing 50,000 words in the month of November, and right at the beginning, my house was upside-down in the aftermath of being repainted, and in preparation for new flooring coming in (next week, next week!), and what happened? My internet connection "went away", leaving me with no excuse to spend time at blogs or email. So I got off to a good word-count start, didn't I?

And then... knowing I would have a few days away last week, I'd gone to the extremes of buying myself a laptop in hopes of keeping my wordcount up. What happened? It worked. There I was, settled in my Dad's house, finding hours, half-hours, TIME, in which to get going. So I maintained my wordcount. And managed to do the poetry-reading I was there for, AND recorded some poems for national radio. THAT was a lovely surprise - the call asking would I do that, and it was arranged so quickly. Just when I'd been wondering was I going stale in the poetry area - how did I know whether my recent work had any merit - I got the call, and that said to me "Someone sees merit in it. Believe in it!"

By the time I got home Sunday, though, something strange was happening. I was feeling distinctly unwell. So, off to the doctor on Monday, and will spare you all the details, but here I am, housebound for the week, tired, but with enough energy to bash a keyboard now and then.... So, half-way through the month, here I am, half-way through my 50,000 words. Wow! I'm surprising myself! All I need to do now is keep that up!

Wish me luck!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 16/11/06 3:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! No foe shall vanquish your word count!

 
At 16/11/06 5:37 pm, Blogger Deirdre said...

I've had this image all month of you busily typing away on the novel. And I was right! So exciting about the radio recordings - and nice validation too. Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope it passes soon and that you're able to cocoon and write through it.

 
At 16/11/06 6:23 pm, Blogger Otter said...

Way to go on you radio reading gig.

Sounds like it is crazy busy for you, on a creative roll. I've often found these are the fertile moments of my life and the busier I am the more I get accomplished.

I'm doing the NaNoWriMo too but am only at 5,000+ words. Instead of letting it stress me that I will probably not have 50,000 by the end of November, I tell myself I've written 3,500 words more than before.

I am glad for your fertile creativity.

 
At 17/11/06 2:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope you are feeling better and that the new flooring exercise goes off well for you. We are doing the same viral "thing" methinks - you in Ireland and I over here in Canada. Viruses travel swiftly, it appears. Be well, my friend!

 
At 17/11/06 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - great on the creativity, glad that is going so well! Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope that passes soon, at least.

 
At 17/11/06 7:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your ill now, but sounds like a productive time! Good for you. Wish we could hear your poetry reading!

 
At 17/11/06 9:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the poetry reading and the word count! Feel better, and keep writing. The end is definitely in sight :)

 
At 18/11/06 4:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Imelda!
I hope you stay well though. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home