GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Scribbling. Punishment and Reward

This week's theme at Sunday Scribbling is Punishment and Reward.

Punishment: ....Socks with holes in the toes
Reward: ...........Chennille socks on a winter day, soft, warm cosy, luxury

Punishment: ....Living in a space that's carrying old, painful memories
Reward: ...........New walls, new floors, new sense of moving on within
............................this space

Punishment: ....Whatever food is quick and available
Reward: ...........Something freshly cooked, tasty - at the table, not on
............................my lap in front of the TV

Punishment: ....Blaming myself for things undone, things I've been
............................meaning to do
Reward: ...........Letting myself recall all I have done, patting myself on
............................the back.

Punishment: ....Isolation
Reward: ...........Alone-time

Punishment: ....Life sentence
Reward: ...........Life, Life, Life

-----------------------------------------------
More Punishments and Rewards HERE, and if you're a fan of Trixie, she's back again HERE

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 10/12/06 4:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the flip-side nature of your post. Punishment and reward are one and the same thing?

 
At 10/12/06 5:08 pm, Blogger none said...

What a lovely perspective on the prompt. I agree - punishments and rewards can be all in the way we look at things.

Also, I HATE socks with holes in the toes...very uncomfortable and just plain annoying!

 
At 10/12/06 7:52 pm, Blogger JP (mom) said...

Great examples! The yin and yang of human experience. Much peace, JP

 
At 10/12/06 9:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very true - so many times, its all in the way we look at things.

Nice perspective on the topic :)

 
At 10/12/06 9:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two sides of the same coin--I like it! It's always good to look on the positive side. I like how you've interpreted the prompt.

 
At 11/12/06 3:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was terrific.

 
At 11/12/06 6:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank heavens, somehow word verification is back - for how long I don't know, so I better comment quickly!

Wonderful take on the prompt, Imelda! That last line says it all - it is all in how we look at it, isn't it? Thank you for the reminder!

 
At 11/12/06 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your 'see the glass as half full' perspective. Thanks for a great read!
bonnie

 
At 11/12/06 4:50 pm, Blogger Amber said...

This is beautiful! I bet you could go on and on, if you wanted. Great take.

How much do I LOVE softie socks?? *sigh*

:)

 
At 12/12/06 5:41 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

I like the way you've turned each punishment into a reward. It's a much better way to move through life.

 
At 12/12/06 2:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting take - and very real. And I love the poetry meme - it says it all succinctly and carefully.

 
At 12/12/06 3:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you manage to make your scribbling so edible, and to read like a poem?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home