GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tag? - I've been Tagged!

Kara has tagged me with an Artist's Way-inspired tag. I too am a Tagging Virgin, but here it is (and some of my answers are likely to echo others, because I notice a lot of us are feeling similar responses to issues coming up)

4 Wishes, Dreams, Desires
  1. I wish I felt really brave about travelling abroad alone
  2. I wish a good Poetry Therapy course became available that I can access
  3. I wish I had my sloping garden terraced
  4. I wish my guest room felt more welcoming

4 Imaginary Lives

  1. Almond farmer - or olive farmer - somewhere hot!
  2. Proprietor of a Healing Holidays centre
  3. Nutritionist / cook
  4. Travel-guide writer

4 Things I should Change

  1. My guest room!!!
  2. Swap old carpets for wooden floors
  3. Walk to local shops instead of driving
  4. Telling myself that I "should" do anything... much better to think "could"

4 People I admire

  1. Poet friend, C, who travels to Nepal every year, and when home raises money to fund education for young people there.
  2. Bob Geldof
  3. My friend M, who is nursing her son through a serious illness, and supporting her family, and staying in touch with friends, and finding humour in life, and is generous of spirit.....
  4. Ruby Wax, - outspoken, outrageous, and unique

4 Things I like about the Artist's Way

  1. The fact that it is a process, as much as a program
  2. This community experience - so many similarities, and each person so different, too
  3. The gradual, gentle way in which seismic shifts seem to occur - look back and say "Wow! When did THAT happen? - Was that really me who did/said that?"
  4. The way creativity is defined so loosely, so that I don't need to get too hung up on high-quality product, so long as I'm making soup, or fixing my curtains differently, or doodling, or playing around with craft and art materials.

4 things I still Hope to get out of the Artist's Way

  1. (to contradict 4 above) - Regular product - as in a haiku, verse, poem, few lines of writing each day (not counting Morning Pages)
  2. Greater variety and creativity in planning Artist's Dates
  3. Some experimentation (again) with visual arts - watercolour painting
  4. The seed for a real-world Artist's Way cluster

And I am going to tag..... Bindieye, Wings of the Morning, Laura and Harmony

Thanks, Kara, Now I feel like a real Blogger. Initiation almost complete, I suppose.

4 Comments:

At 10/2/06 4:15 am, Blogger Laura said...

:) I have now posted on this one after tagging. Yay for memes! :)

 
At 10/2/06 3:43 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Hi - you have been busy on this blog! I almost changed the should question to what I want to change - guess I had a similar reaction to the should as you. Can I join you in being an almond or olive farmer - that just sounds so pleasant...ah.... thanks for playing - I felt the same way when Melba tagged me - wow I'm a blogger! Yeah for blogs and I can't wait to go see what the people you tagged will write. But not before I go read your other posts....

 
At 10/2/06 6:36 pm, Blogger Otter said...

I love #4, b/c after all creativity needs to be defined as we see it...there are no rules and the only mistake we make is NOT giving ourselves permission to play...to just try it.
P.S. If you ever get brave enough to travel to the U.S. I will meet you in Chicago (my home town) and give you a personal tour! Someday I want to see Dingle Bay...my great grandmothers home.

 
At 11/2/06 5:19 pm, Blogger eliza said...

eek! you, like, tagged me. what is a meme? how is it pronounced? do i have to tag someone else after i do it? how many someones? i'm off to dutifully do my question/answer post like a good blogger. but please come back and fill me in - thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home