GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday's Feast #192


Appetizer
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup?
I pour it into a glass. Don't like drinking from cans or bottles - although a plastic bottle I could cope with if I'm on the road.

Soup
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch?
I'm very proud of myself for having broken my every-night television habit a couple of months ago. I've gone weeks without watching any TV. I gave up watching Lost. But I did watch Desperate Housewives right up to the end of the series. And this week, when Grey's Anatomy returned with a double episode, I was right there. So the short answer is, even if it's on late, both of those shows, and ER. Big Brother started last night, and because my internet connection was down, and I'd just finished my book, I watched the launch show, but I will not, will not get sucked in to watching that this year.

Salad
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant.
I think of too many people, places and things as brilliant to choose just one. But just now, the ones that strike me: My sister A, whose life has become so multi-faceted since her job became part-time a couple of months ago. She's writing the most amazing short-stories and is just brilliant. A brilliant place is anywhere on the coast in Co. Clare, but specifically, around Liscannor. A brilliant thing: Cumin. The flavour it adds to so many dishes. Brilliant.

Main Course
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas?
I work part-time as it is (4-hour days), and given the nature of my work, 10-hour days would be impossible (I'm counselling in schools). No. Couldn't do it, and stay properly present for my clients.

Dessert
If you were a superhero, what would you call yourself?
GreenishLady, of course!

----------------------------------
If you'd like to join in the fun, go HERE to get the questions and let them know you're playing.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 6/6/08 7:40 am, Blogger Caroline said...

That's great I know a superhero!

 
At 6/6/08 9:57 am, Blogger Princess Vien said...

Great feast! i like your dessert.

My feast is up! Glad to see you back!

http://www.yourvmodel.com/2008/06/feast-one-hundred-ninety-two.html

Happy FF!!

 
At 6/6/08 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya greenish lady ;) happy friday! love GA too.

 
At 6/6/08 1:59 pm, Blogger Karen said...

To get up at 5 in the morning, I had to give up my night-time tv habits, too--and man was it hard! But now, I don't even it miss it.

Nice feast!

 
At 6/6/08 2:18 pm, Blogger Joy Eliz said...

No TV - Good for you! I sometimes think I would be more productive if I didn't watch TV at night, but then I'm too comfortable to get up and do anything. ha!

 
At 6/6/08 3:12 pm, Blogger Bela said...

wish i could work 4 hrs a day too...

Mine is now served. Hope you can drop by:

http://www.womenxplore.com/2008/06/feast-one-hundred-ninety-two.html

Happy FF!

 
At 6/6/08 3:26 pm, Blogger terri said...

four ten hour days of counseling? oh my. no human could do such a thing. you'd pretty much have to roll me out of the office and pour me into bed at the end of that kind of day...

 
At 6/6/08 3:54 pm, Blogger Sharon said...

I admire what you do in the schools. I miss teaching so much... I worked with elementary students, mostly.

 
At 6/6/08 8:53 pm, Blogger Melanie said...

I love the superhero name!!

Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

 
At 7/6/08 1:46 am, Blogger Becca said...

My TV watching has decreased notably since Gray's and ER have gone off for the season. All the more time to read, though :) Although reading at night makes me very sleepy!

 
At 7/6/08 8:04 am, Blogger deedee said...

I would love to visit the land of the GreenishLady!

 
At 7/6/08 10:46 pm, Blogger Laume said...

I rarely drink soda pop but when I do it's always over ice in a glass.

I'd probably go to bed earlier if it wasn't for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They're on from 11 pm to midnight here. They show them again the next day but by then it's old news. Oh, and for a while I was staying up until 2 am!!! because it was the only time they had this knitting show on. But I've stopped doing that, that was insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home