GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Scribblings - Celebrate

I celebrate my son's homecoming after seven months away. I celebrate a chance to sit at a table and eat with him.

I celebrate my sisters, and our appreciation of one another. I celebrate that each of them reaches out to me and will be there for me whenever I need them.

I celebrate Spring's glistening greens, banks of primrose, blackthorn in a mantilla of cream blossom. I celebrate lambs on spindly legs.

I celebrate my country and the chance to travel through it, witnessing her small beauties and the great.

I celebrate music and beauty. Yesterday's witnessing of Quidam - a celebration of everything in life that touches the heart and soul. I celebrate the chance that brought us there. I celebrate the gifts I am offered over and over again in my life.





---------------------

Find other Sunday Scribblings celebrations HERE

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 5/4/09 1:35 pm, Anonymous Redness said...

WOW, you have so much to celebrate, enjoy every special moment ;)

 
At 5/4/09 2:17 pm, Blogger Jamie Ridler said...

What beautiful celebrations!

And thank you for sharing Quidam - Cirque de Soleil makes my heart sing :)

 
At 5/4/09 3:58 pm, Blogger Tammie Lee said...

Your celebration feels like spring itself, so full of the celebration of life. I am smiling.
Plus that clip, stunning!

 
At 5/4/09 4:43 pm, Blogger gautami tripathy said...

You are doing great!

We celebrate your happiness with you..

SS: The Red Tent

Kill Word Verification

 
At 5/4/09 6:17 pm, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Lovely pieces of life to celebrate and hug! Wonderful...

 
At 5/4/09 8:06 pm, Blogger Granny Smith said...

A prose poem of celebrations! I love those "lambs on spindly legs".

 
At 5/4/09 10:29 pm, Anonymous keiths ramblings said...

This is delightful!Love it.

 
At 5/4/09 10:30 pm, Blogger Rosey said...

You sound such a happy soul! A lovely celebration.

 
At 6/4/09 8:12 pm, Blogger Becca said...

What great things to celebrate! You must be so happy to have your son home :) Mine will be home in May, after six months in Thailand. It will be good to see that face!!

Isn't Cirque du Soleil marvelous?? I've seen Quidam, Oh, and La Nouba. Oh is amazing -much of it is performed on/in/around water.. (l'eau in French).

Enjoy all your celebrations!

 
At 6/4/09 10:56 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Isn't it wonderful how many things we still have to celebrate. What a lucky lady you are Imelda. HUG

 
At 7/4/09 12:44 am, Blogger Nancy said...

I love how you celebrate all the blessings in your life. I try to do the same thing. Sometimes if I'm really down, I just start listing them one by one. It works! Your mind can't think two thoughts at once.

BTW - I like Eckhart Tolle too. I'm reading "The Power of Now".

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At 7/4/09 3:40 pm, Blogger Nana said...

'I celebrate Spring's glistening greens, banks of primrose, blackthorn in a mantilla of cream blossom. I celebrate lambs on spindly legs.'
How beautiful!!! It gave me goosebumps...

 
At 7/4/09 3:43 pm, Blogger Darla said...

Your celebrations are wonderful and a reminder to me to be grateful for many things.

I enjoyed the Quidam clip. We took the GD to see one of the Cirque de Soleil presentations a year or so ago. Magical!

Darla

 
At 7/4/09 8:32 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

I celebrate Imelda, the Greenish Lady!

Thanks for your email - I'll answer it tomorrow.

 
At 7/4/09 11:23 pm, Blogger Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Simply beautiful post! And such lovely images -- you ARE a poet, aren't you? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home