GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Four Things Tag

I've never done this one, so I picked up on Pomegranates & Paper's invitation and will see what happens.

Four Jobs I’ve Had

  1. Prison cook
  2. Wages Clerk
  3. Group facilitator
  4. Counsellor

Four films I can watch over and over again

  1. Forrest Gump
  2. Steel Magnolias
  3. Il Postino
  4. Love Actually

Four places I've lived

  1. Newbridge, Co. Kildare
  2. Limerick
  3. Sligo
  4. Donegal

Four TV programmes I love

  1. Lost
  2. West Wing
  3. Desperate Housewives
  4. You Are What You Eat (I know... gross at times, but compelling!)

Four places I've been on holiday

  1. San Bartolemeo, Liguria, Italy
  2. Lanzarote - magical island
  3. Scotland - Loch Lomond, Ayr, Isle of Mull. Aaaah!
  4. The Algarve, Portugal

Four of my Favourite Dishes

  1. Pasta with good pesto
  2. Puy lentil stew
  3. Salmon
  4. Stuffed porksteak

Four Websites I Visit Daily

  1. Sacred Ordinary
  2. Spiritdoll
  3. Hoarded Ordinaries
  4. Daring to Write

(+) many, many other blogs


Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now

  1. Glengarriff, Co. Cork
  2. Park Guell, Barcelona - Bliss, bliss, bliss
  3. On the train from Palma to Soller, Majorca. It's almond-blossom season.
  4. Visiting my sister

Four Bloggers I’m Tagging

So many people have done this already.... anyone who would like to play, come on out!


Four Books I Recommend (This is hard, hard. Just FOUR?)

  1. The Speckled People. Hugo Hamilton. Marvellous memoir of growing up with a German mother and Irish-language obsessed father.
  2. The Lovely Bones. Alice Sebold.
  3. Writing Down the Bones. Natalie Goldberg. Like a pouch of little gems (or runes) for writers.
  4. The Prophet. Kahlil Gibran.

Four Artists that have inspired me

  1. Michelangelo. His statement when he was in his 87th year - Ancora Imparo - I am still learning. Inspiring
  2. Antoni Gaudi. Architect, artist... a complete artist. His work lifts me up, makes me smile giddy smiles.
  3. Van Gogh. His paintings, his letters, his struggle, his life.
  4. Bob Dylan. Forever Young.

Anything you want to enquire about?

5 Comments:

At 13/4/06 5:57 am, Blogger Endment said...

These are fun ways to get to know eachother a bit. Have to go check out a couple of your books.

 
At 13/4/06 6:00 am, Blogger harmonyinline said...

Interesting list.Ive never heard of
Puy lentil stew.Just got one of Natalie Goldbergs books

 
At 13/4/06 11:46 am, Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Inquiry: Do you draw, paint, doodle, collage?
If so I would reallllly like to see.

 
At 13/4/06 1:49 pm, Blogger GreenishLady said...

Joy Eliz: Draw - poorly, Paint - poorly, Doodle - frequently. Collage. See my SoulFragments blog in links list.

Harmony: Puy lentils may be known as black lentils in US. With a cumin-ish sauce. Yum.

 
At 13/4/06 1:55 pm, Blogger eliza said...

gaudi's work makes me smile giddily, to! i love art nouveau generally, but somehow the style has a special impact in the graceful and dramatic form of his architecture.

i'm also a big west wing fan. love the dialogue. oh, to be surrounded by super-smart people! (oh, to have super-smart people in the white house... sigh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home