GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Beginning of the End of Week Twelve. PreciousObject
















I suspect it will take me a few posts to "wrap up" this experience that has been The Artist's Way this time around, and I am only today going to complete the two tasks of week 12 left to me, one of week 11's, and a check-in, - later, after I've gone and had a walk in the park, but first, I've got to let you see what happened to the Precious Object. Two pictures - First, the object as it first appeared: (for some reason I can't make a link to the post, but you may recall I suffered a lot of resistance to the idea of creating this poster, to putting it somewhere VISIBLE), but being obedient and biddable, I did as Julia said and creatied it, decorated it, and thought "That's that". Well, that was not that. Over the weeks, little objects have been presenting themselves, saying The Precious Object would like this, and I've been embellishing, adding, tweaking, making it look considerably more gaudy (and attractive to my gaudy-loving Artist Child!) It's got real flower-petals, fluffy flowers, glitter-gel pen lines, tiny people, fish-beads, glittery beads, gilt outlines of butterflies, bugs and flowers, paper butterflies. It's got bows on it! It's almost like a competition now to see how much I can add and still not obscure the original message. Treating myself like a precious object will make me strong. I realise Precious need not mean fragile - just valued, highly valued and worthy of care and attention and understanding. This has been a very important part of the process for me, and to copperfasten this idea, the precious object acquired a new companion last night. I went to an art exhibition and bought a painting of an alpine meadow, as an "Artist's Way Graduation present". When it comes home, of course you'll get to see it.

5 Comments:

At 1/4/06 4:17 pm, Blogger Kara said...

gaudy - heck no! - stylish yes, yes, yes! Thank you so much for sharing the new embellishments - it just makes me want to jump up and down in glee!

 
At 1/4/06 8:22 pm, Blogger Endment said...

Love your restatement of the phrase!

Hope you have a lovely walk in the park!

 
At 2/4/06 2:10 am, Blogger kellie said...

Hooray! Hooray! That is so wonderful and inspiring, Mel! I love it--especially the big purple butterfly. It is moving to see how deeply you took in that message and how you are still growing it.

 
At 3/4/06 9:02 am, Blogger Tinker said...

What a lovely way to wrap up week 12 - and I love your rephrasing of it: yes, you, your inner artist, are precious, rare, priceless; more precious than emeralds or pearls! Bravo!

 
At 3/4/06 11:50 pm, Blogger Leah said...

oh, it's wonderful. hooray! and congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home