GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Stuff

First: This is what I've been playing oh... for hours and hours. It's addictive, educational, and it's helping people. I CANNOT get beyond level 49. Keep slipping back. Then up. Then back. Are you playing?

Next: I don't know the name of the blogger at I'm Over It, but she's gone and tagged me for a meme. She apologised for "being a pain" when she did it, but I don't mind in the least. I haven't been tagged in a while for anything like that, and I'd been wondering what I might write today, so it gives me a start:

- the rules are ...

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.DONE

2.

A. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog;

1....I can neither cycle nor roller-skate.

2....I have to iron bedsheets. It must be done.

3....I don't like cream. I love desserts, but don't like cream.

4....I have a crush on a well-known poet. Not a movie-star or rock-star. A poet!

5....When I'm stressed, I make soup. Chop vegetables. Chop more. Make soup.

B. Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list;

1....Chile. (never been, but there are ideas)

2....Must return to Israel. One visit (1991) wasn't enough

3....Greek islands. Crete probably. Sometime

4....Have I been inspired by my tagger? New Zealand for me too, please!

5....And much more of the US than the corners I've already seen.


C. Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when you were 25 years old.


1.....I got married at 25. I couldn't have pictured us ever parting. EVER.

2....I had dropped out of college, but at 25, was working and gradually acquiring accounting qualifications. I couldn't have seen a total shift in direction, and my late acquisition of counselling and psychology diploma/degree.

3....I was already living 140 miles from my home town, and it felt too far away. I wouldn't have foreseen a move another 70 miles north, and living as happily as I am in Donegal.

4....Poetry? Published? Me? I could not have foreseen this in my future. Reading in public? No way. Running workshops? Helping others find their writing voice? I'd have said it was absolutely, totally impossible.

5.....I couldn't have imagined that daughterlessness would be something I would learn to live with, that i would come to view the many friends I have as my "tribe" and worry less about the matrilineal blood-line. There are two nieces to carry that on. I pass on the spirit of my mother and grandmother.

3.

Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. I'm tagging - and stressing that participating is totally optional - Julie at Celtic Woman, Molly at A Certain Slant of Light, Laurie at Living with... , Taexalia at Taexalia, and Kara at SpiritDoll.

4.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do. (It seems you can choose any one of the lists of 5, or do them all!)

--------------------------------

And I'll do my Friday's feast on another post. This one is already too unwieldy!

Have a great weekend.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 18/1/08 2:56 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Hmm that's a whole hour gone and I too have only managed 49 at best!

have a good weekend!

 
At 18/1/08 6:16 pm, Blogger Julie said...

It was really interesting to learn about you from this meme, and I will be happy to do one too!

Julie

 
At 19/1/08 1:24 am, Blogger Kara said...

Oh, that game is addictive.....

Came by to tell you I did the meme.

Happy Weekend to you!

 
At 19/1/08 2:28 pm, Blogger Becca said...

Oh yes, I've been playing the rice game - it's totally addictive.

Very interesting things about you in the meme. I understand your feelings about the daughterlessness...although love my son to pieces, part of me occasionally yearns for a daughter, especially as I get older. I've been lucky enough to remain close with several wonderful young women I met in working at the high school, and I have a charming god-daughter who was adopted from China. They're good solace :)

 
At 21/1/08 6:37 am, Blogger Amber said...

Don't like cream?? LOL! Hell, that's about ALL I like! A big bowl-o-cream would do me fine. lol!

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home