GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's My Birthday!!!

When I started my blog, in January 2006, the first words I used to describe myself were "Heading towards 50...". Well, I've got there. Today, I reach the milestone that is my 50th birthday. It's going to be a busy day, because there is a party. My sisters and son have already arrived. There is cooking to be done, chairs to be found, cutlery to be sorted.... You know the score, but just now, before the day really begins, there are a few minutes for reflection, and to connect in with my friends in Blogland, who have been sadly neglected over the past few months.

So, since I declared that I was heading here, much has changed, much has happened, in many ways influenced by happenings in the world of blogs and online groups. I've completed the Artist's Way again. I completed my thesis, became a university graduate. Off I went and discovered America (oh? Someone got there before me? What was his name again?); found the wonder that is California (and Oregon, and a little of Washington state - enough to convince me of the necessity of many and frequent future visits). I followed promptings and trained as a SoulCollage facilitator, and now am preparing to take on the challenge of training as a trainer next year. I've gone back into the regular workforce, working with young people in distress. My home has been redecorated to my taste. I've weeded out things that didn't uplift me or bring me joy. I've been gradually acquiring pieces of art that delight my eye, my heart and soul. I've met new friends - true friends of the heart; I've reconnected with some older friends. My life now, right now, feels full and rich and loaded with possibility and joys and I am truly grateful to be where I am right now. My life is good, and now seems like a really apt time to say so, to appreciate that, and to acknowledge that it would not be so without the love, support and encouragement that has flown my way from family and friends (real-life and those in cyber-space who have come to mean so much to me).

I'm 50, and I'm looking forward to the next year, next decade... the next 50!

50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 1/12/07 9:16 am, Blogger Tinker said...

Happy Birthday, Imelda!!!
Hope this year brings you many more new discoveries and joys.
I'm right behind you, my 50th is in January.
Have a wonderful, joyous day!~xOx

 
At 1/12/07 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You've had a rich, adventurous couple of years on the way to 50. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. Happy birthday! I lift my coffee in a toast wishing you 50 more fabulous years.

 
At 1/12/07 4:36 pm, Blogger ell said...

Happy Birthday!

I can't quite remember how I stumbled upon your blog (perhaps through the x365 project), but you were promptly put on my blogroll and I've been reading you ever since.

Wishing you all the best on your 50th.

 
At 2/12/07 2:06 am, Blogger Julie said...

She's fitty -- fitty years old!! (Thank you Molly Shannon's Salley O'Malley.

Happy, happy birthday. I am sorry I didn't greet you on my blog today.

But what is this about having to host your own birthday party. That's not fair!

what a year-ful of accomplishments. And fifty is just the beginning. (From someone headed toward 60 (in a year and a half.)

P. S. Thanks for your address.

Love, Julie

 
At 2/12/07 6:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, settle down. You're making me look bad ...

 
At 4/12/07 6:13 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day. xoxo

 
At 4/12/07 2:05 pm, Blogger Kara said...

Happy Birthday Imelda! I hope you are like me and love to get birthday greetings several days after the day just because it extends the fun. You have really accomplished a lot and I'm wishing for you bigger and even better joys and adventures!

 
At 6/12/07 12:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm 20 years your senior and I can say that my 50th decade was the best of my life as far as activity, fun--and love went. Hope this is a very good year for you in your "new" life.

 
At 6/12/07 12:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm 20 years your senior and I can say that my 50th decade was the best of my life as far as activity, fun--and love went. Hope this is a very good year for you in your "new" life.

 
At 6/12/07 12:06 pm, Blogger Taexalia said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! I hope you had the *most* fun!

Congratulations on becoming a SoulCollage facilitator, and good luck with becoming a trainer - that sounds interesting ;)

xx

 
At 6/12/07 11:41 pm, Blogger Amber said...

Oh! Happy Late Birthday!! I hope it was sooooo brilliant and happy!
I missed you!

:)

 
At 12/12/07 8:32 pm, Blogger Jo said...

Happy birthday, Imelda, and how I loved your poems, every one.

 
At 12/12/07 10:31 pm, Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY IMELDA! I moved closer to Tahoe and you have a place to stay on future visits. ;)

You had a big year and all your goodness will come back to you.

XXOO

 
At 17/12/07 1:04 am, Blogger MAHIMA said...

wow!!congratulations!! what a milestone!
i wish you much richness this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home