GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday's Feast #193

Appetizer
Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
I consider myself very much an optimist. Usually. Unless I'm afraid something's going to go wrong. No... seriously... I'm an optimist, and luckily, I'm usually right!

Soup
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?
I love purple pens, but I don't always write with them. When I buy a refill for one of my Cross pens, it's a fine black refill usually. So Favourite is purple. Usual is black. What's wrong with this picture?

Salad
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?
I never ever get a pedicure because I'm ashamed of my feet and don't display them in public.
However, I'm very proud of the fact that the fingernails that I once used to bite and nibble are now decent length and fairly shapely, so I treat myself to a French manicure every now and then. Maybe 6 times in the year? I keep buying polish but never get around to doing it myself.

Main Course
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?
When One World One Heart ran in February, I was extremely lucky and scooped a bunch of lovely prizes. My house is adorned with art from Bloggers from around the globe (and a few pieces I'm waiting for the right display spot to present itself still!) You can see the whole bunch HERE. It was so thrilling to win, and so wonderful over the next few weeks to come home every couple of days to packages in the post. I can't wait for next year!

Dessert
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?
I have a study, which is very untidy at the moment. There is a PC there which hasn't been switched on since I got my laptop (18 months ago at least!). The laptop is usually in the living-room. I sit on the long couch with my feet up, and slip the laptop onto my.... lap. I move to the study to link to the printer or scanner if I'm doing those kind of things, and if there is a project underway involving typing letters, etc. For blogging, I'm in the living-room; for work in the study.

-----------------------------------------
Want to join in on Friday's Feast? The kitchen is HERE

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 13/6/08 5:53 pm, Blogger Laura said...

I bought a package of black pens recently and it had a couple colors in it. I am amused and pleased how delighted I am to take notes with the pink pen, but I don't think I'll use it to write professional letters. The impression would be wrong even though I am so very happy with it.

 
At 13/6/08 6:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same feelings about ink - I usually use blue or black because that's what's available. Happy Friday!

 
At 13/6/08 7:58 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

What an odd picture this conjures up: did you start biting your toenails when you gave up biting your fingernails???

;-)

 
At 13/6/08 9:51 pm, Blogger Betty said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. I posted late today, but I hope you have time to visit.

 
At 14/6/08 6:49 am, Blogger Fran aka Redondowriter said...

You and I have a lot in common, Imelda. Coincidentally I posted tonight about thoughts when I was in the beauty shop. I do overcome my frugality every five weeks to get tuned-up.

 
At 16/6/08 3:18 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Oh Imelda--write with purple! It will make you happy!

 
At 20/6/08 8:12 pm, Blogger nzflutterby said...

Oh I love purple too! And write with black in my scrapbook photo album but I usually use blue because purple is harder to come by.

In my journal I aften use pen and ink and then I can do purple, brown, red, green, what ever.

One colour all the time is depressing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home