GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday's Feast & Sunday Scribblings: Miscellaneous

It's Friday, and I'm going to do the Friday Feast again. And, as I'm going to be away for the weekend, I thought I'd post today for Sunday Scribblings. And, as Sunday Scribblings' prompt for this weekend is "Miscellaneous", and Friday Feast asks that we reply to questions seeking miscellaneous bits of information about us.... well then, two birds, one stone....

Appetizer How many times per day do you usually laugh?
Oooh...that's a hard one! Depends on who I'm spending time with. I've always had the most side-splitting wet-your-pants laughing times with my younger sister. And, as we don't see one another every day, that's not guaranteed. I often laugh alone. Driving in the car, listening to something silly on the radio. Last night, watching Justin Lee Collins' The Convention Crasher, I laughed. OK, ok.. average it at 5 times a day. Give or take.

Soup What do your sunglasses look like?
Quite dark, not-too-large squarish tortoishshell frames, with a little bit of bling on the arms. They live permanently in their little compartment in my car. Essential when driving, even (and sometimes especially) at this time of year. Though, given the darkness of the sky today, I don't think I'll be needing them when I set off for my weekend with the family later on.

Salad You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?
Oh... since I live on an island off the coast of my continent, not linked by train, technically I have to stay here in Ireland. If I lived in Britain, thanks to Eurostar, I could go anywhere at all in Europe. (And I would go to Prague.) Only Icelanders are more isolated. So to compensate for the lack of choice, I would get a round-Ireland ticket and travel as far as I can, stopping at any town I've never been in. Unfortunately, though, round-Ireland won't get me all the way around, as large parts are no longer served by rail connections (Boo! Boo!). I'd have to drive somewhere to start my journey. as there are no rail connections to Donegal, where I live.

Main Course Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.
This was a small town until relatively recently. It's grown massively in the past 10-15 years. I came to live here almost 13 years ago, and the people here are very welcoming to strangers. You meet a great mix of people, and newcomers are welcome to join in social activities. I was only here a couple of months, when I was actively involved in a writers group and a women's centre, and feeling that I belonged. You don't get that everywhere, so I value it about this town.

Dessert If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?
Lavender, lilac, pale shades of purple. I know, sometimes you get that anyway, and when you do, I always really admire it.
-----------------------------
If you would like to see more Friday Feasts, go HERE, and for Sunday Scribblings on the topic of "Miscellaneous" go HERE.

Have a good weekend! See you next week!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 25/1/08 11:49 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely feast!! I have always wanted to go to Ireland!! Have a wonderful Friday!

 
At 25/1/08 3:45 pm, Blogger Liza on Maui said...

yep...Friday Feast and Miscllaneous goes together :)

 
At 25/1/08 4:30 pm, Blogger Judy said...

Happy Friday. I visited Ireland several years ago and felt like I'd come home. I was there researching a book and rented a car. We stayed in a little village just north of Galway and took day trips, using the cottage we'd rented as a base of operations. It was in October and was the most beautiful time. I think it rained on us one time the entire week...when we visited Dublin. I so want to go back.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 25/1/08 6:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast! Happy Friday! Come join my feast :)

 
At 25/1/08 6:46 pm, Blogger paisley said...

lovely feast... a virtual smörgåsbord!!!!

 
At 25/1/08 8:07 pm, Blogger Sherry said...

A gorgeous miscellaneous feast indeed -- I love to fill up on laughter!

 
At 25/1/08 9:17 pm, Blogger Shari said...

Very interesting. I got to learn more about you. And I realized that I need to work on laughing more. It really does feel good.

 
At 26/1/08 1:57 am, Blogger Julie said...

The summer of 1969 I spent traveling by Eurorail Pass. What fun. We could get off and on any time we pleased. We ended up in some odd places by mistake but just jumped on another train. Do they still have that?

The famous Northern Pacific used to go through Bismarck. Now we have to go 90 miles to Minot to catch a passenger trail.

 
At 26/1/08 4:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed reading this!

Arty? Not me!!

 
At 26/1/08 4:59 am, Blogger Amber said...

My first thought was a lavender sky. Great minds!

:)

 
At 26/1/08 2:37 pm, Blogger Lilibeth said...

I enjoyed that. Maybe I'll check out this Friday Feast place. Thanks.

 
At 26/1/08 3:47 pm, Blogger Robin said...

A very fun take on the prompt. Visiting Ireland is very high on my "someday" list.

 
At 26/1/08 11:59 pm, Blogger anthonynorth said...

A true feast of life.

 
At 27/1/08 2:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delicious feast of miscellaneous tidbits you've served up, Imelda - thank you!
I think the sky would look quite lovely in shades of lavender, too - though nothing makes my heart sing quite as much as sunny blue skies...unfortunately, what seems to be in fashion for skies this week, are shades of gray - sigh.
Have a lovely weekend!

 
At 27/1/08 6:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delicious feast! I also love it when the sky turns that shade of lilac. Lovely...

 
At 28/1/08 12:09 am, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Lavender, and shades of, would make a wonderful view. I'm thrilled when that color tints the sky. Enjoyed your post...and your description of the place you live. Nice!

 
At 28/1/08 11:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scrumptious feast ... I so want to come to Ireland to search my ancestors - one day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home