GreenishLady

Originally Blogging the Artist's Way. Thoughts, musings, experience of the 12-week course, January to March 2006. And after that?.... Life, creativity, writing. Where does it all meet? Here, perhaps.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How did I get to be a Rock Star?

It's amazing the things you'll find as you wander about meeting new bloggers in the course of an hour's One World One Heart browsing.

I found out how to become an instant rock star, for instance. All you have to do is (I found these details HERE) :

Through a random search, you come up with your bands name, the title of your album and the album cover photo.The rule's are, you can't keep refreshing the link ... work with what you get. Let’s make a band:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first article title is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.Now take your photo, add the band name and title to it, then post it.


I particularly like "Police Dog" as the name of my band. But I also really like the picture. Unfortunately I left Flickr after I'd copied the photo, and forgot to take details of the photographer. The page wasn't stored on my browser, so i couldn't go back to find out. My apologies.

I'm having such fun meeting all these new-to-me bloggers. And so far I've only gotten to visit the people who've entered my draw (Scroll down! Scroll down!) and a few others. There are lots and lots.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5/2/08 6:35 am, Blogger Deirdre said...

This looks like sooo much fun. I like your band name too.

I've tagged you with a little gift. Come see.

 
At 5/2/08 11:20 am, Blogger Caroline said...

great game - I'll blog my version sometime soon!

 
At 5/2/08 4:49 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Done it - what fun - thanks for inspiring me with this.

Jim had a go too (though he won't be blogging it) his band was called "Ulster Hospital" his album "The sound of trumpets" and the photo of a new born baby, in a hospital!

 
At 5/2/08 8:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the one world one heart thing too. I've actually picked up a couple of ideas for crafts to fill my time from some of them.

I did the band thing - will post later in my blog too.

Sure like it when you post!

 
At 6/2/08 4:04 am, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by.

You band really RAWKS, lol

 
At 11/2/08 4:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow missed seeing this post of yours, till I found it linked on Caroline's. Now that I've played the game, I'll share it with you here:

My band is the 'Karakalpak Language,' the album title is 'A Whole Lot Better,' and the cover photo is 'a place in the sun' pictured here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristyns/2253560525/

Thanks for the fun!

 
At 14/2/08 12:28 pm, Blogger Mindful Mimi said...

Hi there,
I quite like this - thanks for sharing. Like your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home